The Last Day

(The Salvatore Boarding House)

Bella's POV.

Me, Elena, Stefan and Elijah are in the library, and we're talking about when Klaus will break the curse.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse" Elijah tells us.

"Bella said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus" Stefan says to him, and he nods his head yes.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid" Elijah explains to him, then he'll turn me into one.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie" Damon state's as he enters the room.

"Damon..." Stefan trails off with angrily.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying" Elena argues with him.

"I'll write her a great eulogy" Damon tells her, and I glare at him.

"It's not an option, Damon" I tell him, as I continue to glare at him.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks Elijah, and me and Damon turn to Elijah.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know" Elijah explains to us.

"The moonstone" Stefan state's.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each" Elijah explains.

"And where do we fit into it?" Elena asks him, as she motions to me and her.

"The final part of the ritual" Elijah tells her, and he takes a wooden box from a shelf "Klaus must drink the blood of the first Doppelganger, Elena... to the point of your death. And the other Doppelganger with the werewolf gene, Bella... Will have her heart ripped out of her body" Elijah tells us, and I look at Damon for a moment and he is looking at me with sad eyes, but I quickly turn to Elijah.

"And that's where you come in" I tell him, as he picks up the slider and shows it to us. He better go along with he plan.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina..." He trails off and looks at me, and I slowly nod my head "... And for her sister. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation" Elijah explains.

"So we'll be dead?" Elena asks wih a worried look on her face.

"And then you won't" Elijah tells us, and I give him a small smile and he returns it.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon says, and I turn to look at him "You want to come back to life, what about John and Ric's ring's?" Damon asks us.

"Those rings only work on humans. The Doppelganger's are a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring's won't work" Elijah tells him honestly.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Bella?" He asks me, and I turn to face him.

"Then I guess we'll just be dead" I tell him a little harshly, and he looks a Stefan, who shrugs his shoulders, then looks at Elijah and leaves.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" I ask Elijah as I turn to face him.

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will" He tells me.