Life Down Under

As the sun began to set and the aquarium shut its gates for the day, Serena could hardly contain her frustration.  Who was that mysterious man?  What was written on that sheet of paper?  Why did Kyle seem upset?  And why in the world was Serah with him again?  

"Dammit!"  Serena yelled as she slammed her fist onto the sand.  Nothing was making sense!  She brought her hands to her face and tried to calm her nerves.  She breathed heavily.  In.  Out.  In.  Out.  In-

Before she could exhale she heard a splash in the water and looked up to see two figures.  Serah and Kyle.  Pushing the jealousy out of her thoughts, Serena swam to the surface and popped her head out of the water.  "Serah." she breathed. 

Serah nodded to her.  "I'm afraid we don't have good news, Serena."  Serah bit her lip and turned away, a tear sliding down her cheek.  Serena jerked her chin towards Kyle.  His expression was grim.  He glanced at Serah and questioned her, "You know Serena?"

Before Serena could explain their relationship, Serah glared at her and cut her off.

"It's her name isn't it?  Everyone at the aquarium knows that." She snapped.

Kyle nodded slowly, still looking confused as he observed the similarities between the two girls.  Serah turned her attention back to her sister who was glaring at her with dark eyes.  She jerked her head quickly, "We don't have much time before someone realizes we've snuck in." 

Serena looked at her pointedly. "Well?"

"You saw that man with the aquarium owner today, right?"

"Yes.  That piece of paper-"

"Ownership." Serah quickly cut her off, "That man is buying you to take you to another aquarium.  The aquarium owner said that the offer was too good to pass up, no matter how rare of a find you were.  He, too, sees that you're deteriorating."  

"Where is this aquarium?" Serena asked, curious.

That's when Kyle joined the conversation, "Australia."

Serena's ears began ringing. "Australia?.." Her voice trailed off, and she began to get light-headed.  Australia was on the other side of the world.  What was going to happen to her?  Panic began to set in.

"Serena?" Serah's voice was full of concern.

"Serena, Serena!" Kyle's voice sounded urgent, but distant. 

Serena swayed.  Everything was spinning.  Serah and Kyle's words of concern weren't understandable anymore.  Serena was then underwater again.

And then...everything faded to black.