Visitors

Back at the aquarium, a couple in their forties entered the room Kyle and Serena were in.

"Ah, Kyle." The man nodded to him before strolling over to Serena's tank. He placed a hand on the glass. "She was the most expensive addition to the aquarium." He noted.

His wife shuffled over to him wand spoke in her country accent, "Oh, but look at her dear, ain't she magnificent?" Her voice was full of awe. She turned to Kyle. "Kyle, I know you'll take the best of care of her."  She beamed up at him and Kyle couldn't help but chuckle.

"Absolutely, Suellen."  He grinned.  It was nearly impossible to dislike the aquarium owners.  They were rich beyond anything Kyle could ever imagine, yet they didn't boast, and were some of the nicest people Kyle had ever met.  Suellen was basically a second mother to him.  Thanks to Suellen, Kyle had been able to work at the aquarium and help pay tuition for his college.

He glanced at the tank, noticing Serena had turned away from them.  He noticed Suellen's husband frowning.  He spoke quickly, "Sir, she's very shy right now, give her some time."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Alright, I trust you.  She'll be ready for the opening soon, right?  What is it, about two weeks?"

"Yes sir, I promise."

"Good." He seemed relieved, "Suellen and I haven't had supper and it's pretty late so I think we're going to head on out."  He turned, "Sue?  You ready to go?"

Suellen tucked her dark hair behind her ear.  Her green eyes were bright. "Yes, I'm coming.  I'm absolutely starving."  She patted Kyle on his shoulder before walking out.  Terry nodded to him, "See you soon, Kyle."  He walked out and closed the door behind him.

As soon as he was gone, Kyle marched over to the tank, slapping a hand against it.  Serena whirled and glared at him.

"Did you have to act so anti-social?" He asked, "They are in charge of this place." 

Serena swam to the top of the tank and poked her head out of the water.  She frowned, "Sorry, this is all new to me.  It's just a lot to handle right now."

Kyle sighed, his eyes were soft. "I know." He murmured. "I've got to go, but I'll be here early in the morning. Ok?" 

Serena glanced around, frantic.  "I'm going to be alone?" 

Kyle shook his head. "No, no, no.  I'll be back in the morning.  Just go to sleep and I'll be here when you wake up, ok?  It'll be me and you, all day.  There's a lot to be done before you go to your new home."

Serena nodded slowly, " So, I'll see you soon then?"

Kyle grinned as he opened the door, "I'll see you soon."

Serena watched him leave the room, locking the door behind him.  She submerged herself beneath the water with a smile across her face.