Day 5

I woke up to laughter.

It was almost dawn.Below me, I heard Clato he was carrying a torch laughing with clover." 'Don't kill me! Please!' can you believe that? what a chicken, she didn't even put up a fight." clover said linking her arm with Clato's.

"If you killed her, why hasn't her cannon sounded?" he replied.

"I didn't kill her. That's the boy from district 2's job. What's his name again? You know what I don't care. but knowing him... he's gonna have some fun first." Anyone knew what that meant. she winked then leaned up and kissed Clato. he replied by kissing her back. "Just like us huh babe?" I turned away. "lets find a cave" Clato said, not even bother looking up at the trees. I heard a cannon go off. after that, I couldn't go back to sleep. so I wondered what Conner was doing. I wish I knew where to find him. I really did. I wanted to curl up in his arms.

Knowing I wouldn't sleep anymore I slipped from my tree and started wandering. keeping my senses peeled for any sign of movement. It was kind of cold outside but I was lucky to have Conner's jacket.I heard a small scream. and crouched down, I slowly moved forwards and saw it was Raelynn. The boy from district 2 was trying to undress her. that was NOT gonna happen! I quietly took one of my Axes and aimed for behind the knee cap It hit him and he went down howling. Raelynn looked terrified. I rushed over to her "it's ok Raelynn! Climb!" she nodded and did. I yanked the Axe from h the back of his knee. "What is wrong with you?" I squealed

"Hmm isn't it the lovely Freya..."

"okay, horndog what the HELL is wrong with you? going to molest little girls now? what kind of sick individual are you?"

"One that's going to get some fun this morning." he said limping towards me I punched him in the jaw, "I don't think so." he howled and backhanded me, I grabbed his arm and popped his shoulder blade out of place, then kneed him in the groin. He let out a wail, grabbed my ankle and pulled me down. pinning me with his legs and arms I saw Raelynn and nodded. she fell on him he freaked out enough to give me room I punched his nose and kicked him in the gut. he grunted and got off. then the adorable little 12 year old whacked him upside the head with a fallen branch. yelling "ARGH! JERK!" he then toppled over, knocked unconscious. I was frozen. "I HATE YOU!" she screamed kicking him "woah their little tiger! I said racing to her. "Let's go before he wakes up mad." she nodded.

"Follow me!" she said grasping my hand she led me to a part of the forest with big trees in two of them she made a little house that blended in perfectly with the trees. "wow!" I whispered she giggled. "this is my temporary home! till I get home, home."

"Back to your home in your district?"

"No. the home in the sky filled with angels. I know I won't make it back to district 10, not alive at least." she smiled sadly. "Anyways, do you have food? I'm really really hungry."

"I sure do," I said getting out the rest of the strawberries and handing them to her. she smiled. "you are really really brave Freya." she said before eating more strawberries. "thank you," I said smiling."I'm gonna tell you a secret. okay?"

"what?"

"I volunteered for my 12-year-old sister the thing is, my birthday isn't for a couple months. I'm... I'm... I'm...only 11" she whispered the last part. I choked on my jerky. "what?"

" I couldn't let my sister go in. I just couldn't. So I volunteered kind of. She's my twin and her name is RaeDynn like how I'm RaeLynn the lady called Raedynn and I went up there. You're the only one who knows my REAL name. My mom was so proud of me but she was so so sad too."

" if you're only 11 wouldn't that have shown up on the thing?" I asked not fully believing her story.

" Not if your tech smarts and made it lie," she said with a smile on her face. "Can I have more food?" she asked. "How about I teach you to hunt so you can get your own food." i said she smiled "yeah!" I jumped from the tree and she followed together we quietly walked "look in the tree" I whispered in her ear pointing. She looked up and saw the fat birds .

I grabbed one of my axes and threw it. Yet again it went through the neck Raelynn grabbed her slingshot and shot one right in the eye. "good job!" I told her retriefing out birds. "Now head back to your tree house while I cook these."

"sounds like a plan," she told me taking off. I sighed. was she really 11? She did look really young... I shook my head. keep an eye out I told myself. Every time I made a fire, it put me and whoever else I was with in danger. so while the small fat birds cooked I kept my eyes peeled for any movement and my ears tuned for any sound. Finally, when they were cooked enough I put out the fire and headed back to Raelynn.

I gave her her bird. she smiled. "Thanks for teaching me to hunt," she said. "Your welcome," I said smiling. then she dug in. in very little time she was done picking her bird clean. "Do you want the rest of mine?" I said she nodded enthusiastically. "Yes yes yes! It's soo yummy!" I laughed. a wave of pain shot through my side. "Ouch" I mumbled grabbing it. my hand came back bloody. "Oh no" I whispered. I was about to lift up my shirt when a wave of dizziness hit me.

Next thing I knew, I was falling. From the tree "Freya!" a little voice said. I hit the ground and everything went black.