Day 10

10 of us left. I thought quietly. My stomach growled and I looked through my backpack, noticing I hardly ate anything yesterday. sighing when I noticed I had no food left I gave my last packet of fruit and crackers to her.

Before Clover appeared tears stung my eyes Raelynn was dead.

And I... I actually killed someone. I killed Clover. What if she had younger siblings? they'd never see her again nor would her parents. I took their hope of her surviving and crushed it.

Only one could win. I knew that. But I I was responsible for her death! I gave her a painful death.

Raelynn would never see her siblings again. and... and they would never see her. Nor would her mother or father, if she had one....

This is not helping at all. I told myself. All it was doing was making me feel like a horrible person. well, more of a horrible person then I felt. My eyes teared up.

I wrapped my arms around me and said "I... I wish you were here Conner. I really really do. I wish I wouldn't have gotten mad at you."

I closed my eyes and tears squeezed out landing on my jeans with a plop. I took off Conner's jacket and unwrapped my arm. I knew for a fact this would scar. Just like my side. a nice 2-inch cut ran along the inner part of my arm. I sighed. then slowly rewrapped it and stood up.

I needed to find water. and hunt. then... I dunno. Yesterday Conner wasn't with Clover or Clato I did see the boy from district two. but no Conner.

I knew he was alive still for I haven't seen his picture yet... but he could be hurt...

My decision became clear I would try to find him. ask for his forgiveness and hoped we'd be together until the end.

Till one of us survived, maybe both if the capital was still head over heels for us. they could convince the game makers to let us both win. It was a lot to hope for. I knew that for a fact.

I would start at the last place I saw him.

Rae-Raelynn's treehouse. I took a deep breath. so far being in the woods for 10 days I kind of knew my way around. I climbed a tall tree stepping on the skinniest of branches and looked out. I could see the cornucopia, blinding with the sun shining on it.

I saw the mouth and knew which way to go. For I went that way a few days ago to blow up the supplies. I had been close to the mouth a little to the right of it.

I climbed down and began walking.

FOUR HOURS LATER

I wiped the sweat from my brow. my throat dry from lack of water. While walking I heard the welcoming noise of the small stream I stopped at a while ago. I sighed and went over there.

The berry bushes still looked as lovely as ever. the deadly ones silently telling me "Eat me Freya! Aren't I pretty? Don't I look yummy? Come on Freya just take a bite..." I shook my head no.

Then went to the stream to fill up my water bottle I then remembered Raelynn had one too. it was much smaller than mine but anything helps. I filled them up and added the iodine.

Then I went over to the strawberry bush and took a small bite. I ate the rest of it and grabbed a few more eating them slowly.

I then wrapped a ton in my rain poncho. knowing that once I found Conner, we could share. then with one last look at the stream then ran off.

ONE HOUR LATER

I threw up the strawberries groaned and froze when IT came into view Raelynn's treehouse.

I was still trying to get my breathing in check when my heart stopped and I faltered.

She would never see this place again.

I looked around for any sign Conner was here recently.I looked at rocks in the tree in a bush just any sign. but saw none.

I went up to the treehouse and found Raelynn's doll. she didn't take it with her that morning. we were into much of a hurry. I then noticed there was a piece of paper in its hand.

For Freya
Life works in mysterious ways. If you're reading this it means I'm dead. Don't be sad for me though cuz I'm happy. Don't cry because I'm gone. I'm not gone. I'm with you watching over you. Thanks for being my friend my ally, my sister. Don't forget me, Kay?
Conner likes you he might even love you. I know you like him back, love him too. Find him and tell him.
Love Raelynn

I clasped the doll and the letter to my chest and wailed like a baby my back up against the tree trunk behind me.

I moved around and heard a small crinkle. it sounded like a leaf being stepped on I moved and heard it again. it was behind me. I grabbed another small piece of paper "ROCKS" it simply read. in Conner's bold handwriting. I smiled sadly. "I'm... I'm coming" I whispered.

I jumped from the tree putting Raelynn's doll and the letters into my backpack.

The rocks were big rocks by the river. barely hidden by trees. the place I absolutely refused to go the first day. but now the cornucopia was bare. and I was free to head over there, or so I hoped.

I knew it wouldn't take me long to get to the cornucopia once there I would sprint across the open to where the rocks were. Which happened to be to the left.

I knew it wouldn't take me long but I didn't leave right away. Instead, I fell asleep my energy being worn out from not getting enough sleep, not eating enough food. So instead I fell asleep.

I dreamed of Trent that night his bloody self. Trying to kill me "YOU DIDN'T PROTECT HER! YOU DIDN'T TAKE CARE OF HER! YOU LET HER DIE!!!!" he said throwing me against a wall I hit it with a crack. Then he slit my throat "have fun to drown in your own blood." he growled and disappeared.