Day 7

I woke up sore, and hungry. Leaves covered me Conners jacket had been removed, as well as my shirt. leaving me in my tanktop. I couldn't see Raelynn anywhere. I leaped up and groaned. pain shot through my side.

"Raelynn!" I yelled. no reply. oh God. I ran to her treehouse and sighed when I saw her asleep. curled on her side clutching a doll made out of some sort of grass it must have been from her district. I crawled up and gently shook her.

"Time to wake up Raelynn. I whispered. she woke her eyes meeting mine "FREYA!!!!" she screamed. I shushed her. then noticed she was crying. "Hey hey, whats wrong Raelynn?"

"I.. I.. I.. I thought... I thought... you were..you were ddddead."

"what makes you think that?"

"You were p...passed o...out for... two...two days. I.. I couldn't hear your h..heart b..b..bbbeating..." she cried "Oh Raelynn" I said wrapping her in a hug. I kissed the top of her head. "But your ok right?" she said looking at me. "Yes. I'm ok."

"Good," she whispered. "I'm sorry to do this but who... died when I was out?"

"The four from 8"

my heart crumbled. poor Candace. she was one of them I sniffed. "I knew one of those girls. I helped her" I whispered. "that means that altogether 11 tributes have died... in a week."

"I know, sad isn't it?" Raelynn said

"Yes. it's very sad. but at the same time... I haven't seen a Hunger Games in a while where it took a whole week for 11 tributes to die. that must mean this year's tributes are smart. Dontcha agree?"

"Yeah." she said sighing.

"I never thought I would see you again Freya." I took her face in my hands "Even if you weren't I would still be here for you. in your heart and mind. in the breeze, in the trees. wherever you would find comfort I would be there. you don't deserve to be here, yet you are, but you are strong and independent. I know you would try as hard as you could to survive. You are so brave Raelynn. never ever forget that." she smiled.

I went to wrap her in a hug again when an arrow flew into her shoulder she let out a scream of pain. I took it out "Its ok" I whispered then I shoved Raelynn behind me

"It hurts Freya" she whimpered.

"I know Raelynn but you have to run!" she didn't move"RAELYNN RUN!" I screamed at her "RUN! and I'll find you! Take my backpack and RUN!" she nodded, tears in her eyes she grabbed my backpack then jumped from the tree and took off. I stood still. I then saw the girl from district four. I was furious.

She had the bow and arrows. I jumped down from the tree a look of horror shot to her face. here I was leaves in my hair. blood on my tanktop and an evil look on my face. she quickly pulled out another arrow and shot it, missing completely.I stepped toward her.

"drop your weapon." I said cruelly "Never." she whispered I ran towards her catching her off guard then tackled her. "YOU HURT HER!" I screamed at her.

"Too bad I didn't KILL her, but there is time for that later," she said struggling to get me off. she finally did and shoved me back her bow went flying, though. I landed on my butt I stood up and reached to my waist for an Axe realizing I didn't have them.

Raelynn did. good thing I knew how to fight. I threw a punch it hit her in the jaw. this ticked her off, she hit me in the mouth causing it to bleed.

I kicked her in the stomach shocked at the power she went back a few inches. without a moment's hesitation, I punched her in the temple very hard, and like a ragdoll, she fell. I then grabbed her bow and arrows and sprinted off. wiping blood from my mouth. "Raelynn!" I whispered loudly "Where are you?"

"Freya?" I heard her whisper somewhere above me. "Yeah, it's me" I replied looking for her. her head popped out brown eyes frightened, then she jumped, hit me and down I fell I then started laughing, she did too her giggles were adorable.

"What happened to your mouth?" she said suddenly serious. "the girl from district four. I got really mad and we fought. I knocked her out, but before that, she punched me in the mouth. I'm okay, though. but I don't know how long we are safe here. Let me see your arm really quick. Do you have my backpack?" apparently she understood my jumble of words because she nodded and took it off grimacing.

I pulled up her sleeve and saw the arrow barely skimmed her. I took out the first aid kit but Neosporin on some gauze and cut off a part of the ace bandage. "Good to go. sorry about your treehouse Raelynn. but it's not safe to be there anymore." she nodded and we quietly walked. then she said something that spiked my attention.

"I know where districts 1 and 2 hang out. I sometimes ran over there to get little things. don't worry I did it when no one was there. and yes they were stupid enough to do that."

"And you're saying this why?" I asked cautiously.

"I think we should blow them up." I stopped and stared at her. "Holy crap I am allied with a psycho." she laughed at that. "Yep. but that would mean you wouldn't be in danger anymore."

"I will always be in danger, jealousy is a very dangerous thing in the games. I won't stop being in danger till I am killed."

"Oh," she said sadly. "But I still want to hear this plan of yours. I really do."

"Okay!" she said happily again. then she whispered it in my ear. "That's really good right! like really really good!?" I frowned.

"I don't like the sound of you using yourself as bait. I mean lots of things could happen to you..."

"Fine. we'll just stick together."

"I also don't like the sound of killing people no matter how horrible they are!"

"Freya. sometimes you have to go outside your comfort zone! I know you have a kind heart but that can be your biggest weak spot! I know it would make you feel horrible, believe me, I would feel bad too! but if we don't do this worse things can happen!"

And that was where I heard some of the most useful information in life. coming from a 12, possibly 11-year-old girl. A girl from district 10 put in the hunger games, a girl who wouldn't live her whole life. I took a deep shuddering breath "f...fine. You're right." I said.

that night we slept in a tree Raelynn under Conner's jacket. and me holding on to her like my sister would hold on to me if she were here. knowing that whatever happened tomorrow, I would be responsible for someone's life. I would take it myself. "I'm sorry. so so so sorry District 9!" I cried out kind of loudly. then fell asleep my tears soaking Raelynn's hair.