Day 19: The Finale. Part 1

I woke up and smiled remembering last night, it felt good to be held by him, to kiss him without bringing back terrible memories.

Conner was stomping around. "What's going on?" I asked rubbing my eyes. I cried out when the small, weak, damn broke that held back the memories of Clato and Mathew. Conner rushed over to me. "hey, hey, it's ok Freya," he clasped my hand "I'm here, I won't hurt you, I won't let them hurt you."

I stayed like that for several minutes. Conner helping me with soothing words.

Finally, it was over, I took a deep breath. "I'm... I'm ok now. Thank you Conner." he smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

Then frowned. "Whats wrong?" I asked.

"I just realized we are the only four left. the finale is already happening. I went to go get water while you were sleeping, the river has dried out! completely!" I gasped.

"we need to practice. Those mother f*cking, A**holes NEED TO DIE!" He screamed getting up and punching the cave wall, peeling the skin off his knuckles. I stood up and went over to him and kissed his knuckles. "And they will," I told him grabbing my axes. He grabbed his bow and arrows and we went out of the cave. Conner was right the river was bone dry.

I took four healing pills and ate some fruit. I actually held less than half of it down. which was way better than none of it.

Then I began throwing Axes like no other. With my eyes closed, behind my back, with my right hand and shockingly every single one of them stuck. I jumped up and down and Conner twirled me around "woohoo!" he exclaimed. Once he put me down, I took the axes out and did it again.

Before long I could throw three at once and they would all stick relatively close. After noon we decided we better give the audience what they wanted. and headed to the cornucopia.

I was terrified to face them. I clutched Conner's hand like no other. My palm sweaty yet he didn't care he stopped and wrapped me in a hug and kissed me sweetly, my breath hitched, and I thought about...NO! I WILL NOT THINK ABOUT THEM! I mentally yelled at myself.

I hugged him back tightly. Scared to death. "It'll be ok," he muttered.

He let go of me and started rubbing circles with his thumb on top of my hand. That little motion calmed me down.

It finally came into view. the cornucopia. My breath quickened insanely and I took three more pills. Hoping I couldn't overdose on them

Clato and Mathew were nowhere in sight. a sigh of relief blasted through me.

It was cut short when a sword flew towards me.

Adrenaline pounded through me and I dodged it, it stuck in the tree behind me. The handle was sharp, but I barely noticed, it sliced my hand.

Matthew and Clato walked out of the cornucopia.

so many memories twisted through my brain. They were laughing. just like when they r*ped me.

I threw an ax and it hit Mathew in the groin. He fell in pain. I threw another one and it hit Clato in the groin. He smirked. "Like that's gonna do any harm!" he screamed Anger burned up inside me "Freya, don't please don't," Conner said catching his jacket sleeve I shrugged out of it and ran to Clato who was currently helping Mathew.

I heard Conner behind me.

I ignored him and hit Clato with a tackle, he fell.

I pressed the sword to his throat. pressing ever so lightly drawing a few beads of blood. I spat in his face. "B*STARD!" I screamed just to be thrown off by Mathew.

I hit the cornucopia, my already injured body in more pain, I blacked out for a split second.

I slowly tried to stand up then realized I couldn't. I was thrown hard enough into the cornucopia that I think something was seriously injured. Suck it up Freya! I demanded myself grimacing.

I stood up searching for Conner I couldn't find him. this worried me but he was probably OK.

Mathew ran towards me and I wasn't fast enough. Just before he reached me an arrow went through his back the tip protruding through his chest.

With horrible rage, I Plunged the sword in his throat making him in more pain.

He gurgled as blood spewed out of his mouth then he fell on me as his cannon boomed I shoved him off and saw Clato and Conner engaged in a fight.

Keeping an eye on Clato I threw an ax it hit him in the shoulder blade I could hear his wail from over here.

He yanked it out and threw it to the ground.

Then his gaze found me and noticed the sword protruding from Mathews' throat the arrow from his chest.

He turned back to hit Conner, but Conner disappeared.

I yanked the sword from Matthews' throat and shook off the blood.

Clato ran towards me.

I threw an ax and it landed on his chest. His steps didn't falter.

That's when I realized he probably had protective armor on.

I took out another ax and threw it at his hand.He wailed and yanked it out. I ran towards him and tripped him.

He hit the ground with a smack. Dirt and grass flew into his mouth, he stood up but I was already away from him.

Then a knee shattering pain hit my side the same side Star hit a while ago I stopped hand clutched to my side and let out a wail.

It was a knife. This time Clato threw it. That moment the sky darkened greatly.

Conner screamed, "FREYA LOOK OUT!" I froze in horror as a spear hurtled towards me.

I threw the sword and it hit Clato in the eye then, I hit the ground as the spear flew over me.

I stood up and saw it didn't hit Conner. Relief flooded me. I smiled at him. He did the same.

Then he got his bow ready, I got an ax ready. Then threw it with all my strength. Before it hit Clato I saw something fly beside me. Wrong side. I smiled.

Conner was on the opposite side of me. My Axe hit Clato in the side of the neck, No armor covered it. I could tell it was lodged pretty deeply.

He screamed falling back, but he caught himself on the cornucopia and threw something, there was no doubt something had hit me.

I looked down and yanked out a spear. My stomach started bleeding badly. I clutched my hands to my stomach, trying to stop the bleeding.

"NO!" Conner screamed and moved his body in front of mine.