Chapter 1-Intro

Friday, February 26 11am, 1993

"No, mom."

Dana Scully turned twenty nine, three days ago, and her mother-the most nurturing thing she had in life-was trying to keep a steady conversation going.

"Dana? Dana!"

She shook herself out of her thought and replied to her mother.

"Yes mom?" She sighed.

"I was trying to remind you that Alex-

"Yes mom, I know." She wasn't really listening, all she could think about was the man she had fell deeply in love with in high school was finally starting a family, and it wasn't with her.

"Dana! Can you keep your head out of the clouds for one moment. I'm trying to tell you that they are having the baby shower on Thursday the 13th."

"Yeah...sorry mom," beginning to sound disappointed in herself.

"Dana...what's bothering you?" The care flowed through her voice like warm milk and then she paused. "I thought you were over him a long time ago."

"I am over him, and I'm happy for him. I'm just surprised that's all."

"Surprised for what?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that we had broken up because he didn't want to have kids when I did. Then he moved to Oregon for school and ended up marrying his college girlfriend, and now he's having kids."

"Oh Dana..." her voice sounding apologetic.

"Mom, it's fine." She laughed it off, "honestly he was a jerk anyways."

"I'm sure you'll find someone Dana. I know you  will."

"I love you mom, I'll talk to you soon okay?"

"Alright, stay safe."

She sighed setting her forehead on the table as she hung the phone up. She walked lazily into the bathroom and took a shower.

___________________________

Thursday, October 6th 1pm

She put on an old cream colored sweater that surprisingly still fit, and some tight fitting, black dress pants. The glossy black heels had been on a neat shoe rack that showed her OCD.

She grabbed her car keys off the counter and stopped outside the door. She closed it, going over the mental list in her head of things she had to remember to bring. She put the keys in and turned them.

She was in a rush for some reason, wanting to get the baby shopping over and done with already so she wouldn't have to think about it anymore.

She ran down the small set of concrete stairs leading up to her apartment complex-like a pro I might add-and a voice called, "m'am?"

She turned to respond and the man must've been running to catch up to her, as she was knocked backward and fell onto her behind. Good thing she didn't have much height to her or gravity could have given her a real pain.