Chapter 3

Monday, October 31st 7pm

This is the first time that Scully has allowed for Fox to come into her place; She usually leaves him outside her door after their conversations end or rushes out the car after he drops her off, not wanting to allow him to follow her inside, down the hall, also resulting in her having to leave him outside her door. She's let too many important people disappear from her life after they've gone through that door.

They've been out a few times together, grabbing coffee or lunch but it's mostly just a partner relationship, except the few stares she allows to take at him as she sits across his desk as they both read over a file, or the ones she catches from him when he watches over her autopsies.

Scully sat down on the couch and turned on the television.

He stepped in, viewing the place, and sat down a few inches away from her, his back and shoulders fully resting on the back cushions, while Dana's propped upright and still.

A black and white Halloween movie was playing on the little television.

"Plan Nine from Outer Space?" She asked surprised it was on.

"Yeah. It's the Ed Wood investigative method. This movie is so profoundly bad in such a childlike way that it just freezes up my consciousness...

"How–"

"Forty two." Mulder stated it simply and proudly.

"You've seen this movie forty two times? ...Doesn't that make you sad? It makes me sad." She chuckled a little as Mulder's laugh followed.

"No, I think it is quite empowering to watch the same movie over and over again. Your brain gets used to the events that occur and its almost like a test for your mind, how good you can reenact it in your head before it happens."

Dana was dumbfounded, "I've never really thought of it that way I️ guess." It was quite as they watched a few moments of the movie.

"You know Scully, I hope you don't mind, but I talk about you to my family sometimes. You are one of the closest people to me, and I've had bad things happen to the people close to me before. I guess I'm just afraid that something bad will happen you, and I will never be able to show you off to them."

She thought of it for a moment and realized her face was a little pink,

"I don't mind, I think that is quite...sweet, but you don't have to worry about me, Mulder. I feel bad though, I haven't talked much about you to others much...or at all really." She frowned,

"I would be lying if I said that It's because I️ don't really get out often. But all of my friends have packed up...gone off to other states, with their significant others...off to start their own lives, which I can't help. I've moved around a bit too."

"Well," he smiled sincerely, "If you've went off like everyone else, I wouldn't have a friend here right now helping pass out candy." The doorbell rang.

She pulled a sarcastic frown on her face, but couldn't help smiling through it, "I'm not really helping am I?"

"No, but you got the next one," he chuckled walking towards the door. Dana sprung up and followed behind him.

He pulled the door ajar and rested it on one foot. The loud 'TRICK-OR-TREATS!' began to uproar as Dana pulled the bucket of candy from beside the door.

There had to have been at least a dozen. She passed out handfuls to each, being the child adorer she is, she couldn't resist their cute little faces being so happy. The last two must've been siblings, because the older girl dressed as a cowgirl was holding the younger boy's hand.