Chapter 2

Thursday, October 13th 3pm

"Dana oh my god! It's so good to see you," Austin came running up to her and embracing her in a hug. It was a gentle hug, a hug of two people who have missed each other dearly.

"You too Austin," she laughed patting his back on the release of the hug. She marveled at the room, it was a small rented 'celebration' room with light green walls and two big windows on the back wall, shining light onto all surfaces.

"This is great! You and Karlee did a great job decorating."

"Well she did most of the work, deciding on everything. She has to have everything perfect," they shared a laugh, that ended in silence

"So how are things, Dana?," Austin flashed a smile.

"They're-things are just fine thank you," Dana forced a smile. She turned her gleaming face upwards at him, looking very petite doing so, and for a second she felt like there was a chance once more, between her and her former fiancé.

Then reality hit her like a smack to the face. Karlee walked up to the two of them, breaking the tension and hugged her gently. Dana kneeled down and put her hands on top of her baby bump.

"You look beautiful Karlee!" She said straightening.

"Aww thanks Dana, you too."

"How far along are you?"

"Almost seven months, the baby's supposed to be born on the sixth of January."

"Amazing." Dana couldn't help but feel happy for Austin and Karlee, she hid her jealousy as best she could.

"Motherhood is such a beautiful thing."

She almost couldn't believe who's mouth the words fell out of, and as she stared up once more at the couple gleaming with parenthood, she couldn't help herself from grimacing and she didn't care anymore.

After an hour of mingling and everyone giving praise to the couple, they started opening gifts. Dana sat next to Austin and watched as he made a list.

"Wow," Dana whispered to Austin, "you guys are really having a baby."

"I know, it's crazy," he chuckled.
"You guys used to be just a college couple." He smiled looking down at his feet.

"So does anyone know what it is yet?" He nodded his head,

"Not yet, but Karlee thinks it's gonna be girl," for the second part he leaned closer and his grin was almost to wide, "but I think it's going to be a boy."

"Dana! This is perfect!" Karlee raised the bag from it's lowered position and pulled out a beautiful hand knitted blanket with the words baby sewn into it with white stitching. Karlee got up and hugged Dana, the baby bump in between made the hug a little difficult.

"Of course," she said as Karlee released.

"Dana can I ask you something?"

"Hm?"

"How would you feel about being the baby's godmother?" Dana felt her heart swell in her chest, there was an overwhelming feeling,

"Of course I will!" But as the words fell out, it's almost like she lost control of all function. The pressing thought of being a godmother was all a little overwhelming.