Chapter 4

Lance walked up to Keith's house. It was dark and vacant, sending chills down his back.

He sat down on the porch. Keith's red floatie caught his eye, and he began to cry.

"Why did you leave me?", he whimpered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance rolled over, groaning. He felt a sharp pain in his head.

Where the hell am I?

What happened?

"It's about time you woke up", Pidge scoffed.

Lance turned to look at them.
"Where am I?"

They rolled their eyes, "You're in the nurses office. You and that other kid knocked each other out, so the janitor and I had to carry your limp asses here."

Lance sat up in the beige bed, the gears in his head finally working.
"Pidge, this new kid: Where is he?"

Pidge shrugged, "He was here for a while, and then he left. I'm assuming he's at lunch."

Lance hopped out of bed.
"Lunch, got it."

Pidge raised an eyebrow.
"And where in hell do you think you're going?"

"To settle a score", Lance replied threateningly. He poked a kid on a nearby bed.
"C'mon Hunk!"

Hunk groaned and rolled out of bed as Lance stormed out of the nurse's office.

"What's going on?", He asked Pidge groggily.

"Lance is about to do something really stupid", was their blunt response.

But both Pidge and Hunk knew that once Lance was angry, nobody could prevent him from doing something stupid.

And Lance was fuming.

Okay, I get it that I ran into you this morning. But knock me put in gym? So not cool, asshole.

Lance smirked darkly as he stormed down the long hallways.

So mullet wants a fight?

I'll give him a fight.

He threw open the cafeteria doors, and strode inside. His blue eyes scanned overtop all of the students' heads.

Then he saw him.

The dark-haired boy was quietly picking at the meatloaf in front of him, while holding an ice pack to his head.

Shiro and Allura flanked his sides, quietly dining and engaging in small conversation.

Lance stopped in his tracks. He groaned.

Shit. I'm never going to get to him with them there. They'll use their voice of reason on the poor sucker.

I have to think of something else.....

And Lance found that perfect solution. He quickly strode across the cafeteria, hoping he wasn't seen, and slid into a chair.

"Hello, my beautiful Nyma", he greeted the blonde girl sitting across from him.

Nyma smiled, "Hey, Lance!"

Lance grinned cheekily.

"How is my lovely friend doing?", he asked her sweetly.

Nyma shrugged, "I'm fine".

"You always are", Lance smirked, shooting her a wink.

She giggled, "Stop that!"

Lance ran a hand through his hair, sneaking a glance at the dark-haired kid, then back to his friend.

"Hey Nyma, are you going to finish your salad?", he asked, pointing to the box of assorted vegetables in front of her.

Nyma's violet eyes trailed down to the box.

"Not really", she sighed, "I haven't really been hungry today. I have no clue why I even got it in the first place."

"May I take it off your hands?"

"Sure", she says, pushing the box towards him. Then she stood up and tossed her blonde hair over her shoulders.
"I'll see you later Lance. Rolo's waiting for me. I have to tutor him for the geometry test."

"See you later!", Lance waved.

Then she was gone. Lance eagerly grabbed the box with an evil grin right as Pidge and Hunk took the seats next to him.

"Lance, I though you hated Caesar salads?", Hunk said, eyeing the box.

"No, I hate chicken salads", he corrected.

Pidge glared at Lance.
"Don't do anything you'll regret, Lance."

Lance scoffed.
"I'm so not going to regret this."

He ducked under the table, just enough to shield most of his body. His face was hidden by Hunk and Pidge's body.

He opened the box and grabbed a cherry tomato. Taking careful aim, he tossed the tomato at the new kid.

Lance ducked back under the table just as the kid spun around angrily.

He peered over the table.

The kid was quietly eating again.

I've got to do something better, Lance thought to himself.

But what?

Taking a deep breath, and to the horror of his friends, Lance chucked the entire open box of salad at the kid's head.

Lance launched himself under the table. Pidge and Hunk frantically pretended to do homework.

The dark-haired boy jolted up out of his seat, crying out in anger. Pieces of lettuce, tomatoes, and other vegetables smothered his dark locks.

The three teens watched in interest as he stormed out of the cafeteria. Lance's dark grin widened.

"Show time", he said and ran out of the cafeteria, following the dark-haired boy who he strangely couldn't get away from since that morning.

I'm gonna teach him not to mess with Lance McClain...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aye it's Jake!

I stg I had this written a week ago but wattpad deleted the chapter and I had to rewrite it
-_-

But another one shall be up soon!
(Sooner than how long this took lolol)

~JM