Chapter 32

"Why did you bring a scooter?"

"Because I'm too lazy to walk. Scoot scoot fuckers."

Lance laughed. He licked the mint ice cream off the cone.

Hunk walked beside him, and Pidge was ahead of them with their scooter.

A scene open up ahead of them on the corner.

Nothing was out of the ordinary, except for the police tape, and broken glass scattered on the street.

Pidge picked up their speed and scooted towards an officer standing by, with the other two close behind.

"What happened here, sir?", Lance asked.

He was nervous. The wreck was awfully close to Keith's home.

The officer scratched his neck.
"There was a hit and run around eight last night. We believe it to be a hate crime, because a resident's surveillance system caught the car speeding towards a pair of girlfriends."

"Nyma and Shay!", Hunk exclaimed. The other two nodded in agreement.
They were the only lesbians in town who were out with their relationship.

The officer nodded.
"Luckily, neither of them was hurt. A boy managed to push them out of the way."

"Who?", Pidge asked.

Everyone froze when a figure stood up. Nobody noticed the teenage boy that had been sitting on the street.

As soon as Lance saw the boy, he hugged him.

Lotor, eyes red from crying and the lack of sleep, graciously accepted the hug.

"Haxus-", Lance echoed.

Lotor shook his head.

"He's gone. He's gone, Lance."

Hunk and Pidge added in on the hug as Lotor burst into heart-wrenching sobs.