The Sad Bulbasaur

This story takes place in the Kanto region, and is told by a Bulbasaur. I give partial credit to @b_iz_awsm for coming up wth the idea for this story.
Today is the day that someone, some ten-year old boy or girl will choose me as their starter Pokémon. Today is the day.
I was in my Pokéball at 7:33 a.m, just waiting for the trainers to come flooding in. My friends, Charmander, Squirtle and Pikachu and I were all in Professor Oak's lab. Just a few minutes and I would be on a journey of my own. Then, the soon-to-be-trainers walked in.
I immediately saw a tall, red-haired boy with a black jacket on. He's the one, I thought. He will pick me as his starter Pokémon. Charmander, Squirtle and I all came out of our Pokéballs. The tall red-haired boy looked at each of us, then stopped at me. He stared at me for a while, then said, "I choose Squirtle."
How could he? He was looking at me for so long! Ugh. Maybe another trainer will choose me. A very excited looking brown-haired girl looked at the remaining two Pokémon, Charmander and I. Almost immediately, she shouted, "Charmander!"
Like omg what is happening? Why is nobody choosing me? It was almost 7:45. The Pokémon choosing thingy would end in two minutes. Suddenly, a black-haired boy ran into the lab, out of breath.
"I'm sorry I'm late, Professor Oak, I overslept... Are there any more Pokémon?" He said, very quickly.
"The only Pokémon we have left is this Pikachu. It is very special, and I have been waiting to give it to someone. You look like the one, Ash." Answered the professor.
What!! What do you mean there's only one Pokémon left! I tried to communicate with the professor, but all that came out was, "Bulbasaur!" And you know what? they completely ignored me. The boy who woke up late, apparently his name was Ash Ketchup, walked out of Professor Oak's lab, along with the Pikachu. Argh. Maybe someday, I thought. For now, I was stuck in this lab, being sad and lonely. I am the sad Bulbasaur.

NOTE: Comment your ideas for a story that I should do plz.