Pikachu Goes to Hogwarts: Part One

This story, well... I don't really know how to explain it. I mean, the title is pretty self-explanatory... *sigh* What has this book come to?
    Pikachu was living an ordinary life with his trainer, Bobby. All was well, until one day, a letter arrived.
Mr. P. Kachu
The Room Upstairs
2 Vaniville Lane
Vaniville Town
Pikachu was surprised when he read the letter. He didn't know how to read all that well, but he knew it said something about a place called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and that he was invited. As soon as Pikachu finished reading the letter, the front door was suddenly kicked down. An enormous man with a brown coat walked in, said, "Sorry about that," and easily fitted the door back into place.
    "Pika Pika?" Said Pikachu.
    "Rubeus Hagrid," said the giant man. "But you can just call me Hagrid."
    Pikachu wanted to know more about this "Hogwarts" place. "Pika, Pikachu?" He asked.
    "Right now," answered Hagrid. Pikachu just stood there.
    "Well, come on!" Exclaimed Hagrid. "Let's go!"
    Hagrid brought Pikachu to an alley with a bunch of shops. "Welcome, Pikachu, to Diagon Alley." He said. Hagrid first brought Pikachu to a shop with a whole lot of books. Pikachu waited while Hagrid bought him his books. Hagrid put the books in a cauldron for Pikachu. Next, they went to a shop with wands. Pikachu ended up getting a 6-inch wand (because he was so small). He and Hagrid then went to a pet shop (at least Pikachu thought it was a pet shop). Pikachu could get an owl, a cat, a rat or a toad. He definitely didn't want an owl or a cat, for obvious reasons, and toads were "so yesterday". So he ended up getting a rat. Now they were all done with shopping. Hagrid brought Pikachu to the train station, and gave him his ticket.
    "Pika?" Asked Pikachu.
    "Yes, Pikachu, plaform nine and three-quarters." Hagrid replied. Pikachu boarded the train and went to live with Bobby until September first, where he was to go to Hogwarts for real.