Chapter 19 Betrayed

first of all, thank you for all the support and comments and votes!!!!!

now.......enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Flannery Moore, will you marry me?"

Her heart stopped. What was going on? He was asking her to marry him?! Was it too soon? Did it take him too long to ask? Flannery didn't know whether she was excited or scared, or maybe a combination of both. 

She wanted to say yes so badly, but did they need more time? 

She looked into Coult's eyes, knowing what she wanted, but hearing her brain exclaim in protest that she needed more time. 

Flannery felt her heart squeeze and thump with want for Coult and for marriage with him. He would be hers forever and ever. She knew that she wanted to grow old with him and to have his children.

She threw caution to the wind. Who cares if she didn't know his favorite color or what side of the bed he slept on?! She loved him and she knew he would be a good husband, lover, and, eventually, father.

"Yes."

Her answer was so soft that Coult didn't hear it at first. But when he saw Flannery's face break out into a smile, he stood and swung her around in front of everyone at the barbecue.

Coult felt like his heart was going to explode. She had said yes! He pulled back from her lips and nibbled on her ear.

"I don't want to leave you for a month," he whispered.

Flannery's body stiffened. She had forgot about his cousin and the cattle drive. Her heart squeezed and she felt tears flood her eyes.

They had just gotten engaged and now he was going to leave. 

Her fingers wound themselves around his neck and she knew what she needed.

"Make love to me," she whispered. 

Coult stiffened and his jaw dropped. What did she just say?

"Make love to me," she whispered again, grinding herself subtly against his growing erection.

The party fell away until it felt like it was only the two of them. Coult had felt conflicted before, but he was going to marry her. There was no doubt about it now.

He slipped the ring he bought on her finger and threw her over his shoulder. Hoots and hollers came from the guests at the party but they fell on deaf ears.

All Coult could think about was Flannery's naked body under his.

~~~

"You sure do know how to make a woman feel wanted," the blonde said, as his hands awkwardly grasped her breasts.

Robbie couldn't believe what was happening to him. 

He had been standing by the edge of the party, nursing a glass of water, when this bombshell blonde had walked by him. She leaned into him and whispered to meet her in the horse barn in five minutes.

Needless to say, Robbie thought he was going to wreck his jeans. For a minute, he thought the blonde had been whispering to someone else, but he was the only one standing there.

Once five minutes had passed, Robbie discreetly left the party and ran to the barn. When he opened the doors, there she was naked, leaning against one of the empty stalls. 

Robbie's eyes almost popped out of his head when he saw the dusky rose colored nipples tightened in response. His eyes travelled lower to the smooth feminine garden in which he wished to harvest.