Chapter 30 The Confrontation

Nolan was all smiles as he hauled Flannery up by the arm and began dragging her to the bunkhouse basement. He knew that would be the safest place to keep her until Coult came home. But when he did, Nolan would not hold back. He would get what he deserved. He would get what his bitch of a mother gave to Coult!

Flannery couldn't hlp but let the tears fall as she was pulled and pushed towards the bunkhouse. She didn't know what was going to happen to her, but she knew it couldn't be good. All she could do now was do her best to keep her child safe. 

"You know," Nolan began as he pulled Flannery down the stairs to the basement, "I couldn't have planned this any better!"

Nolan laughed as he pushed Flannery down into the bloody chair in the middle of the room.

"I would have preferred to have had Emma as an extra bargaining chip, but I've got you and your unborn child."

"You're a sick man!" she yelled. "You'll burn in hell for what you did to Emma!"

Nolan's face quickly molded from a self-satisfied smirk to a look of utter disgust.

"You think I did that?!" he yelled, stepping up to Flannery and starring down at her. 

"She said you did!" Flannery yelled. Emma's wounds appeared in Flannery's mind and she felt angry.

Nolan shook his head and turned his back on her. He walked until he reached the steps and then turned and sat down. He let out a soft cynical chuckle and lifted his eyes to hers.

"Of course you thought that. Everyone always thinks the worst of Nolan. Everyone."

Flannery watched as a sad and dejected look came over his face and she felt a small sliver of smpathy for the man. She would have attepted to comfort him but she knew that Emma hadn't said his name for no reason. She didn't kno how long he was going to keep her down there but she knew that she wanted to find out why he was doing what he was doing.

"Why are you doing this?" Flannery asked quietly.

"Why would I tell you?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"Are you going to kill me?"

Nolan stared at Flannery for a few minutes before answering.

"No," he said, his eyes dropping back down to the ground.

"Then why are you doing this?" she insisted. She began to fell stomach pains as she realized that she hadn't had anything to eat in a few hours.

"Let me tell you a story, okay?" 

Flannery nodded her consent and watched as Nolan's eyes became glazed over with memories.

~~~

Coult parked the car near a few bushes by the side of the side. He didn't want Nolan to know he was here yet. He wanted to find Flannery first before he took on his brother. 

Danny and Coult got out of the car and slowly scanned the ranch. They slowly made their way towards the ranch house when they decided to split up. Danny made his way to the barn, while Coult quickly hurled himself up the steps of the porch of the ranch house.

He walked through the kitchen and back out, seeing as Flannery wasn't there. He softly called out her name as he climbed the stiars. God, let her be alright! Coult knew he would never forgive himself if something bad happened to her! When he found her he would smother her with love and affection and make sweet love to her. He would give her anything and everything she wanted. 

Coult reached the landing and felt his blood turn cold. 

Flannery's door had been kicked in! Coult ran into the room and noticed the bedsheets leading out of the window. He turned and ran back down the stairs and out of the house.