Chapter 28 Positions Being Clear

Robbie's back became drenched with sweat as he walked up the porch step to the ranch house. It was not because Flannery was heavy, definitely not. In fact, she was very light. What made Robbie's body perspire so was the feeling that someone was watching them. He felt eyes bore into his back and he knew without even looking that someone was there.

At first he was going to just grab the keys and head off the ranch with Flannery in the other pick up, but he had seen something that would have made the journey impossible.

He was scared shitless. Images of Emma's wounds arose in his mind and Robbie was scared. Not only for himself, but Flannery and the unborn life inside her. Nolan was a sick fuck and Robbie needed to make sure he didn't get his hands on Flannery.

He quickly walked into the house and immediately walked up to Flannery's room. He had a plan, but lord only knew whether it was going to work.

~~~

Flannery felt as if she had run a marathon. Emotionally, she was exhausted. Physically, she was exhausted. 

She felt better now that she had told someone about her pregnancy, but it still didn't fill the void that Coult left when she saw his betrayal. Flannery felt like nothing would ever fill that void. 

On top of everything that was happening to her, Emma had been seriously injured. Nolan was the cause of it all. It was difficult for Flannery to wrap her head around that information, but at the same time, Flannery knew that there was something off about him. 

Flannery felt herself being lowered and opened her eyes. Robbie was placing her gently on her bed. 

"Flannery," he began, looking extremely nervous. "I need you to do something for me."

She nodded and pushed herself up to a sitting position. She was so tired that if she stayed lying down she would be asleep in minutes.

"I'm going to go downstairs and make a phone call, okay? As soon as I leave the room, you lock the door. Understand? Don't let anyone, and I mean anyone, come in until I come back, okay?"

"Why don't we just leave?" Flannery asked, confused. "There's an extra-"

"Because you're exhausted and I think everything will be okay if I just make a quick phone call," he finished, his voice shaking slightly. "Do you still have the gun?"

"Gun?" Flannery asked, confused. Her mind was turning foggy with the exhaustion.

"The gun from the office?" he asked, anxiously.

"I left it outside."

"Shit."

~~~

Robbie stood on the porch. He looked at the truck and his shoulder slumped in defeat. The tires had been slashed. Every single fuckin' one was sagging against the ground.

He had tried to make that phone call he told Flannery about, but the phone were dead. Even his fuckin' cell phone was out of battery. 

Robbie was about to walk back into the house and lock up everything and pray to God that Mrs. Sheridan would send the police out to the ranch when a figure caught his eye. It was her!

Without realizing it, Robbie's cock stood at attention as he watched her make her way out of the barn. She looked as if she was about to walk to the bunkhouse when she noticed him and startled slightly.

Robbie watched as a lazy seductress smile grazed her face and she began moving towards him slowly, her hips shifting from side to side. Her long legs encased in a pair of black daisy ducks and her breasts heaving out of a tiny white t-shirt. 

He was going to simply continue watching her and drink in her intoxicating image, when another body came out of the barn. 

Nolan.

~~~

Flannery turned the lock on the door and leaned her forehead against it. She knew Robbie was keeping something from her. She knew it, but she didn't want to know what it was. 

She wanted to just sleep. All she wanted was to curl up and lose herself in the dreams of having a happy family with Coult. That's all she wanted.

Flannery turned from the door and, slipping off her shoes on the way, climbed into the bed and curled up on her side. 

~~~

"Get away from him!" 

Robbie flew down the porch steps and grabbed the woman by the arm and pulled her behind him. She had a startled look on her face but stayed where he put her.

"Hey, Robbie," Nolan said, with a relaxed look on his face.

"You fuckin' bastard!" Robbie yelled. Anger was swelling in the seventeen year old's veins. This fuck had beaten the shit out of Emma and he wasn't going to just walk away.

"Watch your language you little shit," Nolan snapped. 

"I know what you did to Emma," said Robbie. 

"Oh, you did?" Nolan asked, feigning surprise on his face.

"Yeah I fuckin' did! The police are on their way here now and you are going to fuckin' jail! You sick fuck!" Robbie yelled. He was getting more and more angry as the seconds past. Nolan wasn't even reacting in the least bit to what he was saying!

"The police are on their way?" Nolan repeated, chuckling. "I don't think so."

Nolan opened is mouth to put the boy in his place but before he could, Scarlett clasped her hands together and brought all her weight down on Robbie's head. 

Nolan watched as his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he collapsed to the ground.

"You think the police are coming?" she asked Nolan, fear entering her eyes.

"I don't know," he said, beginning to make his way to the ranch house. "I wish they hadn't found Emma but once we have Flannery then we have Coult. We were just going to use Emma as extra leverage."

"But we don't even know where Coult is!" Scarlett said, stamping her foot and bouncing her blonde curls. "They aren't supposed to be back from the cattle run for another four or five days!"

"Then we wait!" Nolan yelled, turning around to face her. "You've become a really fuckin' annoying bitch the past twenty-four hours! I don't like it!"

Scarlett stood stunned. Nolan closed the distance between them.

"You really did a number on Emma, and if you think for one minute that I'll take the wrap for what happened to Emma you are seriously fucked in the head. You're a good lay, Scarlett. That's why I've kept you around. That and you are the only person more fucked up than me. But that's all that is between us. This money is mine and it is the only thing I'm concerned about. Got it?"

Nolan didn't wait for an answer. He spun on his heel and walked to the ranch house.

~~~~~~

not super long :/ but it's something! I'm going to try and get another chapter up on Thursday! hope you enjoyed it! any thoughts on Nolan? 

btw thanks to everyone who has been voting and commenting! it's such an inspiration! love love love the feedback!!!!