Chapter 3

MARKUS'S POV

"Alpha, we just got very valuable information about the Crescent Moon Pack," a pack member said coming into my office.

"It better be important enough that you didn't knock," I say in a cold voice.

"Well Alpha Alexander has fallen sick, his wolf can't heal him.  Alpha Alexander is dying," he said.

"Really, the pack will be in distress, scrambling for a successor, it would be easy to take down right now," I say, "Leave now.  Oh and knock next time."

"Yes sir," he whispers turning around to leave.

"Also could you have Beta Tyler come to my office," I say to the man walking out my door.

"Yes Alpha," he said, it was the last thing I heard before the door closed behind him.

A couple minutes later a teenager with black hair and grey eyes walked in, without knocking, but then again he is my Beta.

"Beta Tyler, we are going to school.  Alpha Alexander of the Crescent Moon Pack is terminally ill," I tell him, "The pack will be easy to take, especially with trying to find a suitable successor, funeral arrangements, and other things.  It's disorganization and disorientation will be its downfall."

"Okay so why do we have to go to school," Tyler asked.

"So it seems like we're just normal wolves, from normal packs.  Make us seem good and nice so they start to trust us, they'll let us into their pack more," I say, "Then we take it from them."

"I'll go enroll us in school," Tyler says with a smirk.

ARIANNA' S POV

"So I heard there was a new Alpha around here," David, son of an Alpha to another pack, says walking up to me.

"Oh yeah your looking at her, Alpha Arianna," I say smiling.

"Well I plan to see you soon on the Alpha leadership board," David said.

"What," Haden asks coming up to us.

"You know like, I can't wait to see her when I'm an Alpha also," David says.

"Alpha David, huh, Alpha Arianna still sounds better," Lucas says coming up beside us.

"OMG, Ari-" Melissa came up squealing but was cut off by a cough saying 'Alpha'.

"Oh right Alpha Ari, have you seen the new boys yet they're so hot," Melissa says finishing her sentence.

"No but since I'm Alpha they have to come see me, especially if they are on Crescent Moon territory," I say.

"Right well here they come," Melissa says, "Probably to do exactly what you just said."

I looked away from Melissa to see two sexy as hell guys walking towards us.  One with dark chocolaty brown eyes and light brown hair and a gorgeous smile.  The other with dark brown hair and hazel eyes and full lips curving into a small smile. 

To me the first looked better than the second.  And that smell, like chocolate covered strawberries, led me straight back to him.  I remember hearing about this, a smell is the first sign then the eyes meet, finally the touch is like getting zapped with electricity.

"Hi I'm Mark and this is Ty, I heard you know where I can find Alpha Alexander," Mark said.

Everyone around me starts laughing, he must not be paying attention to his new surroundings or else he would've known he was talking to the Alpha.

"Enough laughing," I order them, "Now do you live under a rock or do you not pay attention.  Because if you knew anything about Crescent Moon then you would have known the Alpha title was passed down."

"What are you saying," Ty asks.

"Alexander isn't Alpha anymore, he passed the title down last night," Lucas tells them.

"Oh he found a suitable successor for the Alpha rank," Ty asked, "Not the girl that was born first."

A bunch of loud growls echoed throughout the parking lot.

"I am the ex-Alpha Alexander' s daughter," I state, "And I am Alpha Arianna."

The two boys looked at each other like an 'oh no' kind of situation, they should be.  Not only did they disrespect me but they disrespected my father's choice to make me Alpha.

"Oh, Ty is really sorry, Alpha Arianna," Mark says in a serious voice.

"Good now, let's talk of you on my territory," I state changing the subject.

I finally look at Mark in the eyes, it was like we were the only two people in the world, he was all I saw, all I heard, all I could smell.

"OMG, do you feel that Lucas," Haden asked bursting my little bubble.

"Yeah, isn't that the feeling the pack gets when their Alpha found their mate," Lucas says smiling.

"Holy Shit, Alpha Ari found her mate," Melissa screams.

MARKUS'S POV

I had not anticipated Alpha Alexander passing down his rank before he died.  I especially never thought he would give it to his daughter. 

I also didn't anticipate how gorgeous she is.  Long wavy ginger hair, big hazel eyes coated in mascara and eyeliner, and a beautiful smile and laugh.  She's even beautiful when she's angry.

But her being gorgeous wasn't the worst thing I didn't anticipate, the worst is Arianna is my mate.  I can't let this disrupt my plans though, a mate like her will destroy all my plans.

She is so beautiful though.  Even as Tyler makes a complete ass of himself and gets her angry, she looks just as gorgeous as ever.  I don't know how I'm going to survive being around her but not being with her.