Chapter 5

ARIANNA'S POV

"Hey, Princess; how have you been.  And why were you with that new kid, am I not enough eye candy to call yours anymore," Jason asks teasingly.

He's not a member of my pack so I guess he doesn't know yet, I found my mate.  This is going to be one of those awkward break-ups, I can already see and feel it.

"I, um, I need to break-up with you, Jason."

"Why, am I suddenly not good for you cuz your an alpha now?"

"No, I, well, I found my mate," I said quietly, "It's the new student, Mark."

"Ok, why not reject him," Jason says.

"He's my true mate," I say, "I can't be a great leader without him.  Plus I'm already half in love with Mark."

"So what it's just the end of us?"

"Yes"

After that three letter, one syllable, answer I left the classroom.  I can't believe I just broke up with my long term boyfriend.

MARKUS'S POV

"Hey dude, how's things been going with you know who," Tyler questioned.

"Things are good with Arianna, she trusts me," I tell my best friend.

"Well then it sounds like everything is falling into place," Tyler said.

" yea-"

"Mark, wait up!  I gotta ask you a question," I heard a beautiful voice yell.  I turned around to see that the voice belongs to my gorgeous mate.

"Watsup?"

"Well, my pack sorta has this tradition for all new pack leaders," Arianna says then stops looking nervous.

"Okay, well what is it?"

"Whenever the pack gets new leaders, we celebrate with a major mascarade ball.  Every surrounding pack comes over, then every alpha and luna in the country come," Arianna says.

"Wow, so what about it."

"Well, normally the alpha rank is passed down more gently, but with my dad dying we are rushing to put the ball together before he passes."

"Oh, well I bet it will still be great," I reassure her.

"Well, I wanted to ask, because your my mate, if you would accompany me to the masquerade ball," Arianna asks nervously.

"Sure, I would love to go to a ball to celebrate my mate," I answer her.

"Well that's great!  I'm so glad you said yes!"

She seems so happy and thankful that I said yes.  Even though I am going to completely betray my mate, I can't help but start to love Arianna.  

If I am going to do this, I need to hurry.  I'm being swept in by the mate bond and I'm not sure how long I'll still be able to go through with my plans.