Chapter 19.

After a month, Cameron got better.

I was walking to lunch with Kendall and Astrid.

We entered and One Dance by Drake started playing.

There was 5 people standing up in a line and they each gave me a rose.

I then saw Cameron with a poster.

"Can I have One Dance at prom?" he said.

I grinned and said yes.

I ran up to hug him.

"I gotta use the bathroom" I said and Cameron nodded and I left to the bathroom.

I entered an heard someone crying.

I saw Heather crying.

She saw me and wiped her eyes.

Her make up was all over her face.

"What are you crying about?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"None of your business" she cried.

I shrugged and was about to go in a stall.

"Why didn't you do it?" she asked.

"Do what?" I said.

"Tell the police I did it" she said.

"Because, I'm not a snitch. Nothing bad bad happened to Cameron so I didn't. But if I did what you did no matter how bad the damages were, I would tell myself. The guilt would eat me alive" I said.

"The guilt is slowly killing me" she whispered.

"Well do the right thing for once" I said.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help that you're better than me, you're perfect" she said.

"Don't apologize to me. And I'm not perfect nobody is, no matter how hard we try. I'm a mess myself. When I first got here, I hated everything. I even hated my parents and my brother. I had a bad attitude and was rebel. But I found someone who changed me to good. And you should look for someone who will do that. Who doesn't date you for popularity or reputation. You will find someone who appreciates you no matter your flaws" I smiled.

"Don't let a girl who's not even from here bring you down" I smiled and she smiled.

I then used the bathroom and left.

When I came back, we all went outside.

We went where we always sat.

There was a food box.

I pushed Kendall forward and told her to open it.

She opened it.

"I haven't asked anyone to prom so I'm just gonna wing it. Will you go to prom with me?" she read it aloud.

And there was hot wings.

Her favorite.

Then Nash came and had flowers.