"New life"

"I'm so sorry Vienna. I have to go, I promise I'll call you later,"Jerimiah says while running out. My mom talks to the cops and detectives about when we'll have to go to court, and all that stuff. I stand there with Alyssa, shocked. I now know who my abuser is. My own father. No wonder why he was never home when I was being raped. And he'd be home soon after. My mother and I thought he was working, guess not. No wonder why we had money problems.

"Come on sweetie, lets go home." my mom says to me while sniffling. "Your coming Alyssa?"

"Yeah" She says. We all leave and get into the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Once Alyssa goes home, I search in my bag for Lynn's card. I see her cell number and dial it on my cell.

"Hello?"

"Hey, uhm.. its Vienna Diez. I know Ive only spoke to you for a little, but I feel like I have to tell you all of this." I say. I start to explain to her that my dad is my abuser and how I know and all this stuff.

"Oh my gosh, well Vienna listen. I know since its your dad its hard for you, but if you think about it, things will be better. Your life will be better. You can start fresh, like you have a "New Life". Now, I still want you and your mother to come on Saturday so we can all talk about things. Okay?" She says.

I nod, then remember she cant hear me. "Ofcourse" I answer.

"Okay, hang in there. I promise everything will be better" She says, then hangs up.

  The rest of the night goes by horribly. My mother keeps crying. Even when were trying to eat dinner. I tell her we should act as if we have a "New Life", like Lynn said. She agrees.

The rest of the school week goes by, and I act as if everythings normal. Because I have a New Life.