I wasnt the only abused one.

Saturday Morning. I wake up to my mom screaming "Wake up, Therapy today." I lie in my bed remembering Jerimiah never called me Tuesday night. Then again, he wasn't at school the rest of the week. I get worried and decide to call him while I get dressed.

"He-hello?"

"Hey, you werent at school these past days and never called me. Are you alright?" I say

"Not really. Vienna, Ive been wanting to tell you what went on in my life. Since I know all about you." He says.

"Yeah, you never told me about your scars I saw that night at the party" I say.

"Yeah I know, I think you have therapy today so how about we meet after. At Evergreen park, I'll have a surprise."

"Sure, I'll call you when I'm out of Therapy." I say while smiling.

"Okay bye" He says while hanging up. Soon after I finish doing my hair, I text Alyssa, telling her what I'm doing after Therapy.

This is what the texts look like while I'm eating then in the car going to therapy with my mom:

Alyssa: Omg awesome! I hope you guys make out ;)

Me: shut up lol, hes telling me about his scars and about his life

Alyssa: Ohh i guess no kissing. sucks for u! :P guess what

Me : lol what

Alyssa: Matt and I might finally do it tonight. I think were ready, I love him

Me: aww... you didnt have to tell me though. im eating O.o

Alyssa: your my best friend, you'd find out one day

Me: yeah, now off to therapy

Alyssa: i hope it helps you and your mom

Me: me too

Alyssa: so bored

Me: Sucks, g2g were here txt u when its over

Alyssa: K

   In therapy, we talk about the basics, you know. Hows it going, I still want you two to come to therapy, I know i can help you, everything will be fine, bla bla bla. My mom and I nod throughout the whole thing. After therapy my mom drops me off at Evergreen Park. Right when I'm about to call Jerimiah, I see him sitting in a spot on the grass with a big picnik blanket and food.

"Hey," I say while walking over and sitting down.

"hey, you ready to know?" He says.

"Ive been ready" i saw with a nice smile.

"Okay. Ever since I was younger and my dad passed, my moms dated other men. They were all assholes. When my mom would fall asleep or go to the store really fast, they'd beat me. Tell me my mom dont care, and she only cares about fucking them. For their money, to pay for my "fat ass". I used to believe them. I knew my mom loved me, she was always caring and nice and fed me. She would always be at my school plays, help me with hw, all that stuff. And I knew she didn't use them for money,she had a job. As a teacher. Anyways, one day she brought another guy home. She noticed she had no food and had to go food shopping and decided to not bring me, so I could get to know Rick. Rick was her boyfriends name. Once she left, he picked me up and put me on the stove. It was on, all the flames where. He told me he didn't want my mom to have a child, he only wanted her. Soon enough, the flames started burning my legs. Thats why I have these scars. My mom came home and caught him. That was the last I saw rick, for a while. I was 9 at the time. She never had boyfriends after. When i was 11, i asked her why she didn't bring home guys anymore. I knew why though, she said she didn't want me to get hurt. I told her she still could, but if i didnt like him he could leave. She agreed. She started dating again, and all the guys were nice."

"Oh my gosh.. thats terrible. I'm sorry. But you said that was the last time you saw Rick, for a while. When did you see him again?" I said.

"Oh yeah. Thats why I was absent the rest of the school week. He came. He found my mom, and beat her. She was in the hospital till last night. I stayed with her and helped her the whole 3 days. Rick ended up going to jail." He said

"Thank god, I hope your moms okay." I say

"Yeah she is. I want you to meet her, I told her all about you. Oops, was I not supposed to?"

"No, its fine." I say smiling. Then, he leans in and kisses me. Before I know it, hes laying on top of me, and were making out right on the picnik blanket.