Chapter 6

James POV

My mind was playing games.

Its been so long and i can't bring myself to believe what was going on.

For the first time i felt real happiness. Killings or even my stupid marriage didn't compered with the happiness i was feeling right now. I was starting to believe that she wasn't going to come back that she had erased me completely.

I've been thinking everything all this time and i had planned a long speech and everything was perfect but now i don't know what to say.

I'm just standing here numb and looking at her shocked.

She is back...

Samantha is back.

Apparently she was in the same situation. Standing just a few feet away from me. Playing with her shirtsleeve.

I couldn't tear my eyes off her.

The only thing that interrupted my thoughts was the elevator doors closing. I quickly put my hand to stop them. I was afraid that even if i close my eyes for a moment she will disappear.

I walked out and she took a step back refusing to look at me.

All these memories rushing back to me. The time we were together. Her jokes her laugh, her voice, the way she was.

Damn, i missed her.

I moved to close the space between us and hold her in my arms like i used to but she took another step backing away from me holding her hand up.

"Don't."

And there i felt like someone threw so many bricks at me. All the hopes i had created all this time got destroyed.

"Samantha.." I managed to say even though my mouth was dry.

Nervousness at its best.

I grabbed her arm but she moved it away like it burned.

"Don't come near me!" She spatted.
"I-i"

She let out a sigh and tried to calm herself.

"You are back.."
"Not for too long. "
"What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes and started to walk past me.

"Wait."

She turned around.
"What do you want James?" She whispered.
"Where have you been?How are You? I have so many things to tell you."
"I don't have any...."
"Don't be like this Samantha."
"Do me a favor and stay away from me March."
"Listen-"
"Why? Why should i? Do you want to tell me how sorry you are? All those clichés and shit?"
"Aren't this the things you want?" I found myself getting angry too. She knew me. There is no reason to act like this.
"No James. No. Just...ugh.. Leave me alone. That's all i want."

Never.

Then she walked away and i followed her down and to the bar where everyone was waiting for her.

"Well well well look who's here." Ramona said hugging her and she was smiling and hugging her back.

Samantha is the best at hiding what she feels. She was shouting and spatting at me a moment ago and now she is all happy and smiley.

When they noticed me everyone went quiet.

This is the first time i feel so out of place. I don't know but she crushed me down and its making sure i know that. I should explain to her but i can't, she is pushing me away and i feel so hopeless.