Chapter 15 || FINAL||

Hotter Than Hell- Dua Lipa 🎶🎶

"It was good. I didn't expect to have a good time."

"See! I told you that it was going to be fun." I said looking at James.

It was a day after his birthday around 5PM and we were agreed to meet at the bar and stay there.

It really was a good day. And I'm happy that James had a full smile on his face. The birthday party we organized was amazing and like always he didn't wanted to walk out of his room but I managed to get him out and come celebrate! He is so grumpy sometimes. We laughed, danced, did some karaoke –I'm terrible at that- everything was going fine and I didn't had to worry. I was surrounded by people I really do love and care about.

James was like a happy kid. He even held a speech about the entire atmosphere that was created and thanked everyone who attended this party. It was cute. He is cute...

And so did his birthday go. All good and with success.

Today it's Halloween and he is alive for one day! I'm still confused how this works but anyway I try to not think about it a lot because I know I will never get the answer I want. James was sitting beside me and drinking his whiskey or whatever was in his glass.

"So..." I trailed off thinking a way to telling him the idea slowly.
"Uhm...Well, when was the last time you were out there?" I pointed to the main door.

"I do not remember." He let out a laugh.

I was so nervous but I had this plan in my head for a long time now.

Just one day...

"You are able to walk among the living again."
"How thrilling." He said sarcastically.
"Okay, I have to tell you something but i need you to stay calm and not throw a tantrum or anything okay?"
"What's his name?" he blurred out and I gave him a confused look.
"Who's name?"
"It's Chris isn't it?" he continued clenching the glass on his hand.
"What?" Why the fuck is he mentioning Chris right now?
"I knew that this was really good to be true! This party and you and I spending lots of time together was a way to say goodbye again and this time for good."
"No, no, no! That's not what I was about to say!!"
"Don't lie to me Samantha. I've seen you talk with Chris and I knew that he was convincing you to leave this place and move on with your life."
"James-"
"I tried alright? But maybe that's what you want and I do not have the power to argue anymore. I'm dead after all. He is alive-"

He didn't had the chance to finish his sentence because I placed my hand over his mouth.
"Let me stop you a moment March." His said eyes meet mine.
"You have to relax and don't talk nonsense because that exactly what you did. You never let me finish! I'm not going to run away with Chris. What the hell? That was a terrible idea. Sure we do talk but it's just a simple conversation." He looked at me and I saw him relax.

He was scared of losing me...

Shaking my head from the thoughts that occupied my mind once again I started to explain him my plan.

"As I was saying..."
"You killed someone didn't you..." he groaned getting stressed out for nothing once again.
"No James no!"
" Then what!?" he snapped his patience running out.

I was thinking for a proper way to formulate the sentence. It took a few minutes until I decided to stand up and extend my hand towards him.

"What?"
"Get up because we are going out?"