Chapter 9

We searched everywhere for Chris but it was useless.

Liz was angry. I was angry.

"Check this room." Liz said pissed off.

I opened the door and it was an empty room. I sighed closing it.

"No."
"Damn it!"

I have to find James. I really wanted to trust him again but look what he does! This was not part of the plan. 

"You could've asked me you know?" Liz said after opening some other doors.
"I know but i-i dont know what happened. I wanted to hurt someone i guess? Im still shocked about what happened to Maria. I wanted to hurt someone so bad."
"And you teamed up with March."
"No... He said he was onlygoing to help me scare Chris. This was not part of the plan."
"Thats what he wanted Sam. He wanted to see the dark side you are doing your best to hide come alive again."
"Old habits never die." I repeated what James said early and Liz snapped her head towards me giving me a death glare.
"As soon as we find Chris i don't want things like this to happen again okay? You have to get used with the new Cortez."
"I am. Elizabeth should keep that in mind. She is the one slitting someones throat in the middle of the lobby."
"I will talk with her too."
"She had no reason to do that."
"She is not okay. Its been a while that she is all over the place."
"Like i care."

We continued our search and calling Chris a few times but no answer. I searched for James at his office and room but he wasn't there.

"James told me that he wasn't married anymore." I blurred out as we sat on the stairs tired.
"Oh... Yes. They started to have arguments."
"Of course Elizabeth never loved him. Its clear why she wanted to get away from him."
"In fact James is the one who told her to get away from him."
"What?"
"Yes. He told her to never aske for him. That she was a waste of time and it was a mistake that he was obsessed with her."

It was hard to believe that James was the one who did it. I mean, he pushed me away just because Elizabeth came back.

My mind was giving me a few options why he did that but i refused to admit it. Its impossible.

I can't get high hopes for nothing. I know he will hurt me again so im out of that list.

A red beanie i knew very well interrupted my thoughts.

But i didn't saw it again so i thought my mid was playing games and decided to ignore it.

After a while i spotted the red beanie passing by quickly again.

This time i was convinced that it was real.

"Liz!" I said getting up and running to follow the red beanie.

I followed the shadow and walked even more quicker until i finally had the chance to see her.

"Maria!" I called her.

***

The moment Maria saw me she started to cry and ran to hug me.

I tried to comfort her.

I was relieved to see her again. She means so mich to me and it was killing me to think i wasn't going to see her again.

"Its okay Maria." I whispered hugging her even tighter.

Cleary she was confused and scared. I'm surprised how she hugged me.

"I don't know whats going on." She said between sobs.
"Its okay. You'll get used with this situation."

Maria then moved away wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"What will happen now?"
"Now?" I trailed of giving her a half smile.
"Like i said, you'll get used with this."
"Im s-stuck here?" She whispered.
"Yes..."