Chapter 13

I was used to see my father as an idol. I grew up with the idea that he was my hero. I think that every little girl or boy looks at their father like that. Because he is the one who should be there for you. When you have a problem with a toy and you give it to him to fix it or how to ride a bike. Little things like that but that mean so much to you. He is there to catch you. You need him even if you just want to talk with someone. He is everything to you until things happen because we all know life takes some twisted turns and that entire image crumbles down. You see how he turns into another person. A stranger...

He is messy and starts to ignore the little girl who waits for him to come home and play a game they made up. You start to get jealous for the kids who go to the park with their dads and play and laugh with them. You start to think that if whatever its happening to him will pass but that is not going to happen. He isn't going to be there for you. Not anymore. You are on your own. He gets into fights and arguments with the mother and you just watch them with tears in your eyes. Everything changes so fast and you start to look at him with... despite. Everything he did didn't make you smile anymore but it was the opposite.

Some kids as they grow up they try to get their family back together and in peace. They try to talk with their father or mother and some of them succeed. But others know deep down that their family it's over and instead of trying to save it they try at least to save one.

In my case I tried to save my mother.
She didn't deserve to be treated like a piece of trash. My father always came home drunk and started fights with my mom and even hit me once or twice because I got in the middle to stop him. By the time I was a teenager I had lost all my love for him and the respect. He wasn't my idol anymore. He ruined everything. He didn't knew that he was creating a monster inside me that later was going to come out. All the names he called me and the insults. He blamed me over and over again. It was horrible! My only way to block him out was by going to school and coming home late. The warm house I was raised wasn't my safe place anymore. I was in pain because of him.

Danger doesn't come only from the outside. Sometimes even your family can turn out to be the one who drags you down.

He started this war inside me... he took away my happiness and a normal life.

"Why-why is he here?" I whispered and felt that my throat was dry.
"I can explain what happened." He said getting a few steps closer.

I was shocked. It felt like it was the first time I was face to face with him since he left which it's not true because I met him a few years ago and it wasn't that good.

"Hey Sammy." The pain that shoot thru my chest the moment he called me like that was so overwhelming.

"It's Samantha... Samantha." I let out a shaky breath glaring at him.

My mother was shifting from one side to the other nervously. I had so many questions for her too. Like what the heck did she came with him here? I don't understand.

"I found out that the cops were searching for you and they were coming to check out in here and I got so scared and alarmed. Rehab somehow found his number and he knows what has been going down so he came to check up on this situation closely and meet you..." My mother quickly explained but I wasn't looking at her. I was looking at my so called father who had a sad look on his face. Where this worry about me did came from? Did he suddenly remember that he had a daughter? He is so fake!

"Meet me?!" I let out a humorless laugh. She thinks that that's the reason why he is here. He once again brainwashed her telling lies and acting like always.
"Let me tell you the real reason why this douche is here." I snapped.
"Samantha!" my mother scolded me but I ignored her because that's what he is. He was looking at me wide eyed.