Broken

Riley

"But I've got to let you go. I don't think I can handle a long-distance relationship, Farkle. I don't even know if I will ever come back or If I can." I fought back my tears and did my best to keep talking. "I love you. I always will. But I just can't."

"I love you. I always will. But I just can't..."

Before I could finish talking, his tears start to fall down on his cheeks.

"What? Riles, I thought nothing could tear us apart?" He asked, trying to sound calm.

"That's what I also thought," I replied, I held him close and hugged him tightly.

"Just remember that you're the only one I've ever loved," I added, these were the last words that I said. Before we parted ways.

That night was the last night I felt my heart beat that intensely.

After I left, I spent so many nights crying. Even though I was the one who decided to break things off, it didn't make our separation any less painful.

Everything went black, the next thing I knew I was in the hospital.

My parents brought me to the hospital after I collapsed. My chest had felt really tight. After I was cleared at the hospital, Maya visited me and joked that she'd thought they would have started celebrating my birthday on the same day as my death anniversary.

"So you're not going to tell Farkle, about this?" She asked, I nodded.

"Riles, he needs to know this." She added I can't hurt him. I know that he's going to get hurt if I told him that I have cancer.

"No, Maya. He didn't need to know this." I answered besides we're through.

The doctor said, that I'm having an operation. There might be a possibility that I can survive, and there's also a possibility that I can not.

Before the operation start...

"Honey, promise me that you'll come back for me." Mom said, she's holding my hands. Tears were falling down on her face.

"Mom, I promised." I smiled at her, and the doctor came in.

Farkle

It's been weeks, since Riley left. And we broke up. I'm so depressed, I've been brooding all alone by myself. In a few days, it's already her birthday...

Lucas and Zay came into my apartment, I haven't seen them since Riley and I broke up.

"Hey, buddy!" Lucas exclaimed I'm just sitting on the floor still brooding.

"Man! You looked exhausted." Zay said, "If you two were really meant for each, you'll see each other again. Not now, but someday."

"Thanks for cheering me up, buddy. " I smiled a little, but still not good. "By the way, where's Maya? I haven't seen her in a while."

"Oh, didn't she tell you anything about Ri--" Lucas began, but was cut off. "What about Riley?" I asked, we're through but I'm still worried about her.

"We should've told you this before." Zay sighed, he's kinda upset.

"Riley has cancer, and she's getting operated tomorrow," Lucas said, what? No way.

I felt weak, Riley broke up with me. Because she doesn't want me to get worried about her, and she doesn't want me to get hurt. How could she not tell me?

I flew to Australia, I wanted to know her condition. I do not know what to do if I lose her in my life. I love her more than anyone else.

As soon as I got there, I headed to Riley's hospital room.

"Is she okay?" I asked Topanga and Corey looked worried.

"We're still waiting for the doctor's update," Maya said I felt scared. Scared of losing Riley in my life.

Soon enough, the doctor called us...

"I'm sorry to say this, but she's in comatose." The doctor said, "We do not know when will she wake up. It may take years or more."  I was so anxious. I didn't know what to do. Please, not now. Not ever. I would have preferred it if I had died first. I don't want her to go. I don't want her to die. Please God, don't take her from me. Not yet.

©: [ 548 Heartbeats & A miracle by peachxvision ]