Chapter 37: A Maniac's Brain Work

"Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you."
-Veronica Roth, Insurgent

########################################################################

Celestina's P.O.V:

The combat team shifted and raced towards the direction from where the cry was heard Dmitri and Jace took the lead while Philip and Ethan moved the ladies and kids to safe house a group of soldier stayed with them to help, I ran with the weapon team who will be fighting in human forms . I can't risk shifting and I can't stay home either, it is my daughter whose life is in stake.

We are leaving a team of fighter at home to safeguard the pack house and those who cannot fight, all the youngster above thirteen are trained and given a weapon to safeguard themselves and those around them. We are not taking a risk of leaving our people unprotected in case this us a trap to drive us away.

"Why are you not shifting? ", I heard Tristan growl in my ears.

" My human is as strong as the wolf herself, and I am good with weapons too. ", I replied back dodging a log on the way without slowing down.

" It's dangerous, either you fight my side as a wolf or you go home and keep watch. ", Tristan tried to order with Alpha tone.

" You can't command me, Tristan, I am your Luna we hold the same power. ", I said with a smirk on the face," It is about my daughter, I won't sit home and relax when my family is fighting out here. ", I said with a finality in my voice. I saw Tristan shake his head in disapproval but he kept running and did not say anything further.

As we approached the southern perimeters disgusting smell of rogues and blood started polluting the air, we all were acutely aware of the eyes that are following us through the trees, so they have climbers within them, maybe it is one of the ways they come in. It was clear that by the time we reach the borders we will be surrounded from all the sides but we kept moving, if this is there strategy then we have our own strategy.

We came to stop in front of the ugliest wolf we have ever laid eyes on, sure he is a big fellow and does work out his share of workout he looks strong but with the missing patches of fur and with all those scars he looks like a rabid giant street dog. One of our pack patrol team member withered in pain under his paws, most of the team is captured and tied down.

"Seems like you have already met our little traitor?", he said as soon as he shifted back to his human form, "Come on girlie.. you really thought he will take you back if you just go and tell on us? See the way he is guarding his wife.. he wouldn't give a shit even if I kill you."

"No Orlando, you have destroyed my life enough, I won't let you do that to my child even if that cost me my life. ", Chelsea yelled back to him.

" Wow! That came out too strong sweetheart, I didn't know this little weasel meant this much to you. ", he said pointing to a guy standing unnoticed to the side holding a bundle, he removed the clothes to show us an unconscious Rose.

" ROSE !! ", we all shouted at once and made a move towards here. Suddenly the guy threw her blindly towards their leader, we all screamed thinking this is it but the guy caught her with ease and held her over his head in a single hand like holding a doll.

"Dmitri, she is not moving ", I can't find my voice, all I can do is a whisper.

" She is just sedated. She was so loud, screaming and drooling, it was nasty. We did not want to lose this surprise for you guys so we just sedated her. ", Orlando said as if he is sharing a joke or something.