Chapter 9: Rise of a Warrior

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

###########################################################################

Alpha Lucas P.O.V :

I am having a heated argument with my sons regarding the escape of one of our prisoners during the rogue attack, we have a strong feeling that the rogues attacked just to rescue the prisoner, in that case, we should be on high alert and increase the guard on Celestina as the escaped prisoner is the one who tried to attack my daughter. We are arguing whether we should tell her about the escape of the prisoner or guard her without her knowledge. I don't want my daughter to live her whole life worried about a rogue, I would just increase her protection and make sure she is not aware of that. But her brothers are not buying it.

"Dad, she got her wolf back. She is a strong one..."

"Of course she will be. She is a white wolf" I cut off Christabel, my first born,  mid-sentence, "and that's another reason why she should be protected. She is a rare wolf, there will be people trying to harm her."

"Will you let me finish father?" Abel growled in frustration and I growled back at the disrespect, towards his Alpha; he ignored it and continued talking "She killed a rogue dad, that too without any kind of training, there was no need for it when Mike was around, but she took out him as a pro."

"Dad, I think Abel is right. What she needs is training, not guards; she should be able to protect herself. I am pretty sure she won't like to sit idle during a fight. She wants to fight, what happened today is a good example of that." My second born seconded his big brother, I already know this is a losing battle but I am not ready to give in yet, she is my baby girl. I looked over at my mate and she sat there looking bored. I can't believe she sided with her sons for this.

I was about to talk but...

*knock*knock*knock*

"Come in", I called out, composing myself first. And my beautiful daughter walked in with a sweet radiant smile, she is a very beautiful young girl inside out with a kind heart and sweet nature. She has my wife's slim figure and wavy brunette hair but she got my sapphire blue eyes, while both the boys have my built and my curly black hair but their mother's brown eyes.

Alexandria ran to our daughter's side and pulled her into a bear hug, we were not able to see her in person after the attack since we are dealing with the prisoner's escape, the news we knew came from the boys.

"Overprotective mama bear." my wolf smirked and I rolled my eyes and corrected him, "mama wolf".

"Alex honey, you are suffocating her," I said while stealing my daughter out of her mother death grip. She glared at me but let me take Tina in my hands I felt relaxed once I held my baby in my arms unharmed. I walked her to the couch and we all sat down with Tina between me and Alex, and Abel and Cal opposite to us.

 I looked at my daughter, she is wearing light blue jeans and a black shirt and her hair in a ponytail. She has always been a simple girl with simple dreams, a person whom we can please so easily, even simple chocolate will excite her to jump up and down all the way from the front door to her room. Inheriting her mother's tenderness and kindness, she is the best daughter any parent can ask for. A confident girl who always kept her head high and radiated happiness everywhere she goes. But I can hardly recognize the girl sitting with me now, that confident girl I once knew is gone, she smiles but that never reaches her eyes, she tries to look cheerful but she can't fool her parents, the girl who is sitting in front of me is just a shell. She is a girl with a single dream, a happy life with her mate, and I couldn't give her even that, I am a failure as a father and as her Alpha.