Chapter 16: Invisible Thread Of Fate

"A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future."

##########################################################################

Celestine's P.OV :

"Bye bye sweetie pie.. I love you too...", I waved at my laptop screen to Rose who is trying to  get out of Bella's hold and jump into the computer screen.

"Bye Tina, I won't be able to hold her back too long before she jumps on to my laptop. See ya soon... Lemme take her back to today's nanny.", Bella said between her laughs trying to hold Rose to her.

"Whose turn is today?", I asked her before she cut the line.

"It's Jace", she said winking at me and waved at me before cutting the line.

                 It's been a month after the party and the next day afternoon the Shadow knight pack went back to their territory and of course, Bella went with her mate. It was very difficult to part with my only friend not only her but also Rose, that little girl had my heart wrapped around her little finger within that short time. I made Bella promise to skype me every day before she leaves, and she made me promise that I won't sulk around and give her updates on the latest gossips in the pack. I am also in touch with Jace, who is now becoming a very good friend to me as well, either he or Bella bring Rose for a skype chat every day and day after day I am getting more and more close to that little angel. They have sent me a photo of Rose taken by a pro-photographer a week back which is my current wallpaper on my phone and my laptop.

                                I am just going through the photos of Rose when I heard a knock on my door, I sniffed to get my mom's sweet oranges scent. "Come on in, mom", I yelled to the door without bothering to get up from the bed.

"Hi sweety, Are you free now?", mom asked coming into my room.

"Sure mom. Come sit with me", I told her making her space to sit next to me on the bed.

"So.. what are you watching?", Mom asked as she sat next to me nodding to my laptop.

"Oh... Just some photos, Bella send that to me last week, photos of Rosalyn, the Alpha's little girl, U remember her?", I told her showing her Rose's smiling face.

"Who can forget that little one? She stole everyone's heart within minutes, even Tom won't stop talking about her.",  she said going through more photos of Rose with a smile.  Then I started talking about Rose, about things she likes, how she behaved when she is with me, the way she gets excited every time she saw me, incidents almost destroying Bella's and Jace's phones when he heard my voice, I went on and on about even the smallest things about her, it is like I have known her whole my life.

"You really know a lot about that kid.", Mom said laughing at something I told her about Rose.

"Yeah, I love that little girl. I feel so sorry that the sweet little thing has to grow up without a mother. I wonder what happened?", I said half talking to myself.

"You are so good with kids, your children are going to be so lucky", mom said lost in her thoughts.

"If I have one", I added rolling my eyes, with that comment I know where the conversation is going. She had already confronted me with at least ten proposals over the past months and everyone turns out to be males who don't want to wait for their mates, why doesn't she just back off from this.

"Not so fast young lady", mom snapped at me, "just throw that attitude of your's out of the window."

"Come on mom, this is not going to work. Just stop trying to put me up with some stupid male of our species", I said feeling so tired.

"Just hear what I want to say, Celestina, I am sure you will like this proposal.", she told me, and I know she won't stop nagging me till I listen to her.

"Okay. Just tell.", I sighed.

"You know the Alpha of Shadow Knight pack is now without a mate right?", she started with a mischievous look in her eyes.

"Ohh..nooo... mom... not him. He is the Alpha of the strongest pack, what will he think of me if we go with such a proposal, he will think I am some desperate bitch. I am sure he has a lot of women throwing themselves at him.", I started talking fast without letting her finish what she has to say.

"Shut up Celestina. Let me finish.", she glared at me till I stopped rambling about it.

"As I said, he is without a mate for about a year now, we heard rumors that his mate rejected him after the child's birth.", I gasped hearing that, but she ignored me and continued, " Recently I heard he is also looking for a mate since the pack is having havoc without a Luna and of course, the little Rose, she sure needs a loving and caring mother. There will be a lot of women trying to be his mate and luna of the biggest pack, but what about Rose? She needs someone who can love her right! I know you love that child. She needs a loving mother like you, and you need her as well. I have seen you with her, the way you look at her, the love I see in your eyes is not fake, it's deep from your heart."

I don't know what to tell her, I just sit there silently letting everything she said to sink in. I know I love Rose, she is everything I wanted in my child, I know she is not my flesh and blood but I and my wolf felt deeply connected that emerald eyed baby girl. But marrying Alpha Demetrius is a different story, I never thought about him like that, or I never thought about anyone taking Mike's place and I won't be able to replace his mate from his heart either. And if this happens to be a loveless arranged marriage, I am afraid Rose will suffer the worse.

"I already talked about this to Lisa, and she thinks you two getting together is a splendid idea. She was worried about Rose ever since she got here. She said you are the only one she will trust with her niece. Just think about it Tina, you need this and Rose needs this."

She gave me a second before continuing,"I already talked to your father about this and he thinks this proposal will strengthen the peace between the two packs, but of course only if you agree to it. we need you to be happy dear, and I know Rose makes you happy."

                         I looked at her wide eyes, she already told dad? Is she so sure that I am going to agree to this proposal? I love Rose, my wolf did as well, the thought of having her as our pup makes both of us happy and ever since mom said the first word about Rose being our daughter River is chanting 'pup, pup,pup..' non stop. But I can feel that thinking about the Alpha being our mate is making her a bit uneasy as well, she misses Samuel, Mike's wolf as much as I miss my Mike, but we both know better than going into depression again.

                  Looking at the bright side, I will have a sweet little daughter, I will reunite with my best friend Bella and there will be a change of scenario away from the memories of Mike.

   I was lost in my thoughts I did not notice when mom left. I pondered different scenarios in my head and everything ended at little Rose. My motherly instinct is in full mode whenever I think about that little angel, thinking about her being someone else daughter and treated badly by some self-centered bitch made my stomach churn.

        Deep down I know what my decision is going to be no matter how long I think about it. Rose made me happy, she made me laugh, she made me forget all my pain and loss of Mike. I love her and I know she loves me too.

 We are connected by some invisible thread of the fate, with that realization I know my decision is made. I stood up and walked to my parent's room, to tell mom my answer.

#################################################################

Hi friends,

Thank you so much for reading Fates Intertwined.

Please vote and let me know your thoughts on the book by commenting.

love,

Niranjana