Chapter 17: Until Death Do Us Part

"To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect."

- Criss Jami, Venus in Arms

###########################################################################

Celestine's P.O.V :

Something old, my grandma's wedding bracelet
Something new, my new satin gown
Something borrowed,Lisa's tiara
Something blue, the blue sapphire necklace, aunt Cathy's heirloom for her daughter in law.

My heart drummed against my chest as I sat on the chair in the bride's waiting room, my breath is getting heavier with each passing moment I hope I will not have a panic attack in front all the people gathered here. Everything is happening so fast, it feels like yesterday that I walked into my parent's room to give them my consent to the proposal of Alpha Demetrius, Rose's father, which actually happened a month ago.

Now here I am, waiting to be escorted to the altar, to my waiting bridegroom, to be united by the holy matrimony. I just hope this is the right thing to do, I know by agreeing to this I am entering into a loveless marriage. But like every other time when I had this doubt smiling face of my little rosebud came to my mind, I know I am doing this for her, for her happiness and her smiles.

The door suddenly opened and my mom walked in with aunt Cathy, both of them smiled at me which I nervously returned," look at you dear, you look so beautiful, your groom is a lucky one." my mom gushed, urging me to stand up and smoothening the invisible folds. I am

" He sure is a lucky one", aunt Cathy agreed to her before pecking my cheek and handing me my white rose bridal bouquet.

"Let's go dear, your father is waiting for you, the bridal march is about to start.", mom said ushering me out of the door to the room where the ceremony is conducted, "Little Rose looks so cute bridesmaid dress, but we have to get the march over with before she plucks out Jace's neck tie or hair."

I smiled at the mention of my favorite little person in this world, relieving some tension from my body. I have five bridesmaids to go before me, Bella who is marching with her mate Philip going first as they are the maid of honor and Best man, then Lisa and Abel, Alice and Cal, Ruby and her mate Roger, and at last Rose with Jace as her date. They are all wearing a red chiffon tea length dress features a flirty skirt and satin lining, a red rose bouquet to go with. All the guys will be wearing the tuxedo with red neckties, same as the color of girls dress. Alpha Demetrius didn't have any opinions or suggestions about the ceremonies, so it was mostly planned by mom, his aunt Wilmari or Wilma as she preferred to be called and my bridesmaids even Rose gave her suggestion when it came to color of the bridesmaid dress, she chose red dress Alice selected over a blue dress suggested by her own aunt Lisa. Only demand Alpha made was that he wants Philip to be his best man, but since I wanted Bella as my maid of honor, it was alright.

"Good day ladies", my dad greeted us as we reached the doorway to the ceremony room, "I think I will escort my daughter from her on." He said taking my hands from mom after pecking her on the lips. Mom and aunt Catherin give me an encouraging smile and walked away to take their preassigned seats.

"Ready for your big day Tina?", dad asked me with a cheery smile which I replied with a tight smile.

"I am not sure dad, do you really believe I am doing the right thing? What if the Alpha's mate comes back? What if Rose wants her own mother not me as her father's bride?" I started babbling out of my nervousness, I even failed to notice my dad stop and turn to face me he cupped my face in his arms and raised it to look in my eyes.