Chapter 16

Tyler’s POV

I looked in the mirror once again, checking myself out. Yep, hot. These two boys aren’t going to know what hit them when they see me. I grinned, stopping myself from blowing a kiss at my reflection. That would be to girly…

“Tyler! Tyler! Tyler!” I groaned as I heard my mother calling me from somewhere in the house.

“Coming!” I yelled right back, grabbing my jacket off of my bed and headed down the hallway in search for the small woman that says she gave birth to me. Hmm...sometimes I wonder…

I found her crouched down behind a kitchen chair. Her eyes scanned all around, looking panicked. “Um, mom, you ok down there?” I asked.

“SHHHH!” She rolled her eyes at me and looked quickly to the side before looking sharply back. “Have you seen the Tin Man?” She hissed, accusingly.

The Tin Man? What the fu-

“Answer me boy!” Her whispered yell had me raising an eyebrow at her tiny self.

“Um...what?” I mumbled. “Are you holding a water gun?” I squinted my eyes to see that she was in fact holding a tiny clear water gun, pressed to the side of her leg.

“That doesn’t concern you.” She mumbled, jumping a little from a sound coming from the living room. Her head turned in that direction and she gripped the barrel of her water gun in both hands, putting it close to her chest. “The Tin Mans here.” She whispered in a somewhat scary voice.

“Who is the Tin Man?” I barely got the question out before she was jumping to her feet with a war cry and aiming the gun towards me.

My eyes widened at this. Oh hell no! I just spent an hour and a half getting ready for my date. Her craziness is not about to ruin that!

I ducked out of the way, leaping to the side just as the first stream of water left the gun, barely missing my shoulder. “MOM!” I glared at her.

“Sorry honey. My finger has a mind of its own sometimes.” She giggled and held out a hand to help me up. I grabbed it and let her pull me to my feet.

“Right, I don’t know what kind of crazy pills you took this morning but I have a date with two sexy boys now.” I grinned, thinking about the date again. This is going to be great. Exactly what we need.

“Awe, that’s cute. Have fun, baby.” She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek before going into ninja girl mode and sneaking down the hall.

I shook my head at that. Wow. Just wow.

On my way out of the front door, I paused when I saw a tall man pressed up against the side of the house with his own pink water gun in his hand. “Dad.” I mumbled, warily, stopping next to him.

He closed his eyes tight and didn’t answer. Really? Does he really think he’s invisible?

I cleared my throat and said in a louder voice, “Dad!” Still nothing. I sighed and rolled my eyes, “Tin man?”

“Yes?” He turned his head to me and gave me a smile. “Have you seen the-“

“Stop!” I snapped. No freaking way am I going through this again. “I’m going on a date. I’ll be back later.” I told him quickly and turned on my heel to speed walk down our driveway, laughing at his yell behind me.

“Don’t come back to early son!”

It took me less than ten minutes to walk the rest of the way to the restaurant that I would be meeting up with Ryan and Alex. Butterflies of happiness erupted through my body when the building came into view. Just thinking about what tonight means for our relationship has a permanent smile plastered to my face.