Chapter 21

Ryan’s POV

I hesitated, my arm held up in mid air as I was about to knock on Alice’s door. Do I really want to do this? Sure Alice is a really good friend and all but she’s also crazy. Crazy as in, ‘I will kill you in your sleep then strip you naked and perv on your body’ kind of crazy. But she is the best person to make this work.

I sighed to myself and stood up a little straighter. “Just do it Ryan.” I said to myself as my knuckles came down on the door a few times. As soon as I was done knocking the door opened quickly and Alice stood there with a smirk on her face, eyeing me.

“About time. We’re you really scared to knock on my door Ryan? Whatever you’re here for must be good.” She giggled and moved out of the way, motioning me in.

I smiled slightly and made my way into her house. “Yeah well. I just need your help with something.”

“Doesn’t everyone? Are you finally ready for that makeover that I’ve been wanting to do to you for years now? I’m telling you, you would be a hot girl if you just let me put a little makeup-“

“No!” I cut her off, horror filling my voice. “Never Alice. Never.” She shrugged her shoulders and I followed her to her room. You’d think with her being a girl and all she’d have pink crap everywhere or some stuffed animals thrown around but not Alice, she had black walls, dark purple furniture and not a single girly thing in the entire room. It actually kinda looked like a dungeon with a bed. It fit her, that’s for sure.

“Step into my office and have a seat young one.” She laughed evilly, shutting the door behind us. “So tell me why you came to me to help you make Alex and Tyler wants you even more.”

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open at her words. How the hell did she know?! I’m not that obvious, am I? What if Alex and Tyler know what I doing. If Alice knows then I’m sure they do to. Are they going to be mad? Upset that I’m doing this?

“Don’t worry Ryan; you’re not that transparent to most people. I’ve just known you a long time. I’m sure Alex and Tyler have no clue.” I sighed in relief, not even caring how she just basically read my mind. I guess we have been friends for a long time and she can read me that well.

“Tyler and I have been friends longer than me and you, how do you know he doesn’t know?”

She rolled her eyes as if the answer were obvious, “Because he’s a boy and I’m a girl which makes me automatically smarter.”

“Hey! I’m a boy!”

“Yes you are! Do you want a cookie for figuring that out all on your own?” She laughed at her sarcasm and I rolled my eyes while taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

“So are you going to help me or not?” I asked, getting straight to the reason why I even came here.

“That depends. You’d have to do something for me in return.” She sat down next to me, giving me a knowing look. That look right there already told me that she knows what she wants.

“What do you want me to do?” I eyed her warily, preparing myself for whatever would come out of her mouth. “I draw the line at murder or any other illegal thing that will get me sent to prison for the next thirty years.” She rolled her eyes.

“Don’t worry it’s nothing like that.” She grinned.

“Then what is it?”

“I want you to kiss me.” She shrugged her shoulders and again my mouth dropped open. Ok, I wasn’t expecting that! Kiss her? Me? Why would she even want that? I know she doesn’t like me in that way so why would she say that?