Outer Planets

Shadow and his friends arrived back to the solar system, starting with the dwarf planet Pluto. Nebula took a picture of Pluto with her iPhone, as a memory of seeing the planets for her first time for real rather than looking at the pics from the books.

"I can't believe that I got my own pictures of the drawf planet" Nebula said.

"Be lucky because we are gonna pass the other planets" Shadow said.

"Yeah. I so wanted to see the real planets with my very own eyes" Nebula said.

"That will be something for our kids to see" Shadow said.

"Yup. Also, Blaze and I are expecting a child" Silver said.

"Congratulations. Then Raven, Navy, Petunia got someone to play with" Amy said.

"Yep. Because of that Blaze and I are gonna get married when we are back to Earth" Silver said.

"Aww...." Nebula smiled.

"Then Neptune will have fun with another baby" Shadow said.

"Yes. I bet the baby that is coming will be a kitten or a hoglet" Silver said.

"Okay. But we're gonna take a picture of the planet Neptune is named after" Shadow pointed at the blue gas planet.

"Wow....." Nebula's eyes sparkled at the sight of planet Neptune, "It's so beautiful from last time"

"Yep, go ahead take s picture" Shadow said.

Nebula then took a picture of it in different perspectives, "This is so gonna go into my journal studies"

"Yes" Shadow said.

-

An hour later they set course to Uranus to have a picture of it now. It was a bright turquoise color and had a thin ring with asteroids.

"Wow, the color looks almost like my powers" Silver said.

"Yes. It's beautiful" Nebula said, taking a selfie of herself and Shadow near the planet.

Then she takes another picture of Uranus.

"Say Shadow, can you turn the ship so I can have a closer look at the rings?" Nebula asked.

"Yup. All power to the forward shields" Shadow pressed the button to make the ship indestructible temporarily while going through the ring of Uranus.

Whenever rocks came in the way it bounced off the ship. None of the crew got scared by the impacts on the shields. Nebula then switches to filming the rings and the planet. She got a perfect quality of the ring and sometimes the ship shakes a bit due to being inside the ring.

"When we reach Saturn, the rings there are much worse" Shadow said.

"Yeah. And it's the second largest planet in the solar-system" Nebula said.

"Indeed. Also there is a magnetic field there so I would not recommend being there" Silver said and scratches his neck.

"Uhh....why?" Shadow asked.

"Because electrical current within the metallic hydrogen layer is thought to give rise to Saturn's planetary magnetic field, which is weaker than Earth's, but has a magnetic moment 580 times that of Earth due to Saturn's large size. So we better be careful there" Silver said.

"So in other words we get my ship constant malfunctioning if we get to close" Shadow said.

"Something like that" Nebula said.

"Well then. Let's go and have a nice sightseeing near the planet" Shadow said and set course to Saturn.

They arrived to planet Saturn but managed to stay a little far away from it since it's very large.

"Incredible. It's so huge" Nebula said. She took a picture of its beautiful moons that were nearby the planet, Mimas look a lot like the Death Star.

"Ah. It's the Death Star" Sonic joked.

"No, it's Mimas, one of Saturn's moons" Amy said.

"I was joking, Ames. Mimas looks almost like Death Star from the movie Star Wars" Sonic said.

"Yep, Also look at that moon lapetus, it look like a walnut" Amy pointed at the walnut shaped moon. Sonic chuckled at this.

"The moon Tethys is almost entirely composed of ice and water" Silver said.

"Cool. But let's not count all the moons. Let's just enjoy the sight of the planet" Nebula said.

"Yup. Next is Jupiter. Which is gonna take us like an hour to find it" Silver said.

"Let's go" Nebula said and goes to her seat.

The others go there as well and fasten their seatbelts to get ready to get there. Shadow turned on the medium fast speed to get to Jupiter so they won't go light speed.

"Any information about Jupiter?" Shadow asked.

"It's named after a roman god" Nebula said, "And it's the largest planet in the solar system" she took a picture of Jupiter with her iPhone.

"Yeah. And that red spot is known as the Great Red Spot; a giant storm that is known to have existed since at least the 17th century when it was first seen by telescope" Silver said.

"Incredible. I guess it's like a permanent hurricane on Jupiter" Shadow said.

"Exactly, also the gas planet got an solid core while the rest is mostly gas made of molecular hydrogen, nitrogen, sulfur, noble gas and helium" Silver said.

"Wow, you sure remember these when we we're at college" Nebula said.

"Photographic memory" Silver said. They slowed down to see Jupiter from a distance, it looked very huge compared to them.

"Earth is like a ping pong ball. And we are like nothing compared to it" Sonic said.

"I see. So how come the outer planets are bigger than the inner planets?" Shadow asked.

"No idea. It is often gas planets that are huge" Nebula shrugs.

"Okay. At least Jupiter's moons got solid surfaces and if I remember correctly there is rumors that there's water there too" Shadow said.

"Yes. One day humanity might colonize one of the moons" Nebula said, taking a picture of Jupiter in high quality.

"Which moon is the largest of them?" Shadow asked.

"Ganymedes, it's nearly Mercury's mass, but still smaller than Earth but bigger than our moon" Nebula said.

"Yup. Now that we saw Jupiter, we're heading to the asteroid belt" Blaze said.

"Get ready to use the cannons, because we are going through the asteroid belt" Shadow said, turning the cannons on the ship while setting course to the asteroid belt and Mars.

"But be very careful. We don't want the rocks to move in other directions" Nebula said.

"Let's go and find out" Silver said. He and Nebula head to the hatch and goes outside on the wing to make sure that the rocks don't come in their way or another direction.

"LOOK OUT!" Nebula saw a rock heading towards them, Silver used a physic blast to blow the rock up to dust. Nebula used her energy blasts to push other rocks away.

"Here comes the big one!" Shadow saw a large asteroid coming at them, he moves the ship aside and fires at some other asteroids to get past.

"Push some aside, Silver" Nebula tells Silver.

"Okay!" Silver used his ESP to push a rock aside from the ship.

"Man, it's like we're in the anti-gravity chamber" Nebula said.

"Yeah, but we're flying in space" Silver said.

"And make sure the rocks aren't moving in other directions. We don't want them to cause deadly meteors. Like in the dinosaur extinction" Nebula said.

"Alright then" Silver used all his powers to stabilize the rocks as if freezing them. The ship along with Nebula and Silver manage to get past through.