Inner Planets

Shadow and his friends managed to get past the asteroid belt and without causing the rocks to move in other directions. Silver and Nebula are back inside the ship too, and glad that the air-breathing pills worked well when they were outside in space.

Right now they're in the inner planets area. They're heading to planet Mars. The size of the Earth's inner core.

"Shall we land on the planet, people? I hope the atmosphere's pressure don't crush us since it's not oxygen" Shadow asked.

"Yeah, and I think it's safe. The atmosphere is thin" Nebula said.

"Then let's land there" Shadow said. They landed the ship on Mars' surface and they headed outside to see a desert like area.

"Seems quiet" Blaze said.

"Yes. But the only life form on this planet is so far in form of bacteria. But one day we might colonize Mars" Amy said.

"Perhaps in 2025 in the future" Nebula said.

"We'll see" Amy said. They walked a bit away from the ship sightsee a little.

Shadow remembered when he and Nebula saw The Martian in theaters. But then he spotted something, a robot from Earth that has been shut down after running out of batteries.

"Now that's something humanity left on Mars. What was its purpose?" Shadow asked.

"It was made to find lifeforms here on Mars" Nebula said.

"Oh. And how old is it?" Shadow asked.

"Well, I would say this one who is called Sojourner rover is from 1997, about 19 years old since it lost contact to Earth September 27" Nebula said, she took an picture of the robot.

"Okay then. Well let's head to Mercury, the planet close to the sun" Shadow said. They all headed back into the spaceship, they got into the cockpit and fasten their seat belts while Shadow prepares to drive in light speed. The ship leaves Mars and they flew into light speed to Mercury.

"YAAAAAAHOOOOOO!!!! FASTER BABY!!!" Sonic cheering.

"We're there soon" Shadow said.

"Oh yes" Sonic grinned. They managed to see Earth and Venus before coming to Mercury.

"Wow, that Sun is miles away" Nebula said.

"And it sure is hot here" Silver sweated a bit.

"Be grateful we're not that close" Blaze said.

"Yes. But here no life can exist" Silver said, putting on shades. Nebula took a picture of the horizon of Mercury.

"Is the word Mercury some kind of element in the periodic table?" Shadow asked.

"Yup. It is another word for quicksilver, a chemical" Nebula said.

"Right of course. Well this planet reminds me so much of our moon" Shadow said.

"Yeah, it does look like the moon" Nebula said, taking a picture of planet Mercury, "Also, many of Mercury's basins contain smooth plains, like the lunar mare, that are believed likely to be filled with lava flows"

"Yes, that means the planet has a floating core" Shadow said, he looked up to see the yellow sun shining on them.

"Don't stare at it, hon" Nebula said, "Staring at the sun will blind your eyes"

"I know" Shadow said.

They headed back to the spaceship to go to Venus, the toxic planet.

An hour later; the found planet Venus.