chapter 6; he was protecting you.

"Can you please stop that?" I mumbled into Sam's pillow as he paced back and forth at the foot of the bed

"I'm worried." He stated anxiously.

"Go take a bath or something. It'll make you feel better." I murmured into the soft bedding.

"Yeah... Yeah, maybe I should. Will you be okay on your own?" He questioned.

I nodded, "I'll just read your comics or something."

The boy nodded and grabbed a brightly coloured robe, "I'll be right back." He silently slipped into the bathroom, leaving me sprawled out on his bed with a comic book resting on my lower back. I rolled over, causing the paper to hit the wooden floor below me. I clasped the book in my hands, scanning my eye over the cover.

The vampire book that Edgar gave Sam. Wouldn't hurt to give it a read, would it?

I reluctantly turned the first page.

Here we go.

I heard a small commotion downstairs, but I figure it was just Michael doing... whatever Michael does.
I hadn't realised that Nanook was still in the room with me, that was until he started shifting nervously. I immediately focused on him, running my hand over his beautiful, silky fur.

"You okay, bud?" I whispered soothingly. He growled softly at the door, his ears drooping. The door swung open and an angry looking Michael entered.

"Mike? Are you alright?" I asked, but my voice was drowned out by the violent barks erupting from the husky beside me.

"S-Sam!" I yelled helplessly, not knowing what else to do.

The next thing I knew, Nanook had jumped from my grip, pouncing on Michael and some how slamming the door behind them, "Nanook!" I shrieked, racing to the door and throwing it open, just as Sam emerged from the bathroom.

Everything went dead silent, until the boy next to me spoke, "Mike? You there? Nanook?" He demanded.

There was heavy breathing coming from the bottom of the stairs,

"Michael?" I squeaked from in front of Sam. I flicked the light-switch and my attention was then invested into a large gash on Michael's hand.

A bite mark?

"What happened?" Sam asked, stepping in front of me and kneeling down to his brother, who simply glared at him until he backed up.

"Nanook." The older boy choked out.

"What the hell did you do to my dog, you asshole!" Sam forced out, furrowing his eyebrows as Michael clamped his uninjured hand around his wounded one.

He cares about the animal before his own brother... Same though.

"Nothing." Michael hissed.

"Why did he bite you? You must've provoked him? What did you do to him?" I questioned quickly as Nanook appeared unharmed by my side.

I placed my hand on top of his head, my eyes still glued to Michael who was attempting to stand on his feet after being crouched down against the front door.

"He was protecting you." He whispered, looking down at me.

Protecting me? From what? Silence while I read a comic book?

"Your reflection in the mirror..." Sam whimpered, pointing at the nearby looking glass. Michael spun around.
He's disappearing in the mirror. I've read something like this before...

Oh no.

"You're a creature of the night, Michael..." I mumbled as the younger of the brothers grabbed my hand and started making his way up the stairs.

"My own brother, a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire." Sam exclaimed, hauling me upstairs after him, "You wait 'till mom finds out, buddy." The blonde hurriedly shoved me into the bedroom, almost knocking me over as Michael raced up after, hollering our names. Sam locked the door, then the window and I simply stood in astonishment in the centre of the room.

Oh my god.

Adrenaline pumped through me and I seized the phone, then the vampire comic book.

Our last resort.

The Frog brothers...