chapter 15; all the damn vampires.

Just when I think we're doomed, the sound of a unique car horn went off

Sam's grandpa?

Everyone's attention snapped over to the door, just as the car comes bursting into the house, sending shards of wood everywhere.

Michael jumped down from the landing, his feet pushed out in from of him with the final strength he withheld, pushing Max towards the broken wood.

I finally realised that the wood could act as a stake, but Mike had beaten me to it.

I protected the heads of both Alan and Edgar who were out cold from the final battle, a single bruise forming on their heads where they'd hit the table hard, then the ground.

Max stumbled back, his hands gripping the piece of door that was now lodged deep into his chest.

Go on Grandpa!

I grinned as the Frog Brother began to wake up, witnessing the firey demise of the head vampire as he landed in the fireplace.

Everyone coughed and spluttered as the smoke caved in around us, almost cutting off our air completely.

The siblings celebrated as the smoke cleared, whereas Sam checked if his mother was okay, then me.

I nodded simply, a small smile on my face, completely forgetting the fact that I had a large gash down my cheekbone.

"Is everybody okay?" I heard a human Michael question.

"Oh, Michael!" Lucy gushed, clasping Sam's hand and racing over to her eldest son, where they all embraced in a family hug.

I slowly got to my feet, standing next to our grumpy, old saviour, "You did good, old man. You did good." I said, patting him on the back and gaining a chuckle from him.

The elderly man slipped away from me and towards the kitchen, just as I heard Edgar and Alan whispering, "How much do you think we should charge them for this?"

I wandered along behind the eldest male, feeling Michael sling his arm over my shoulder, with Sam on his back and Lucy at his other side.

"Dad..." Lucy beamed, but her smile soon dropped as the man grabbed an ice cold beer from the fridge, "Dad, are you alright?"

"One thing about living in Santa Carla that I never could stomach..." He began, all of us waiting in silence and curiosity for his next reply, "all the damn vampires."