Chapter 1 - Wake Up✔

Zoe's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I hit the alarm and groan, my eyes are sore and I just feel like going back to bed. First day of school. . . yay.

"Zoe get up." My mother says, no emotion other than 'hatred' and immediately the tears come back. I know it sounds pathetic but its happened so frequently, even despite my efforts that its hard to ignore.

Its been like this ever since we moved here during the summer because of my unfaithful father, he had finally driven her to the breaking point and well. . lets just say she broke. She cried for days then when we moved here she became distant towards ME! The one who tried to help her get through it. And all attention was on my seven year old brother George. I wipe my eyes and walked to the bathroom, let's get this day over with.

I take a long warm shower and sing 'Lost Boy by Ruth B'. My voice was amazing  and I knew that, but you would never catch me singing in front of anyone.

I exit my black themed bathroom and enter my white bedroom. My room described my personality, empty, there were no pictures, no ornaments and no memories only my Samsung Edge, my Toshiba laptop and my books (Mostly romance novels). I didn't care what anyone thought of my room, I think its perfect, I don't have friends to see my room anyway.

I go through my wardrobe and pick out my Adidas leggings and a loose top that says 'Just leave me alone'.  I leave my long black hair down and I look at the person in the mirror. I didn't wear make up, maybe lip gloss and mascara but nothing heavy. I was light skin and was very curvaceous . I still didn't think I was pretty though, compared to all other girls I was ugly for all I knew.

I put my white sneakers on and grab my phone and my back pack. I head for the door but before I leave. . "Bye Mom" I say hopefully but as usual I am met with an "Mhm".

I sigh and walk out of the door. Eyeing the streets before me. Now. . how do I get to school?