Chapter 40- Little Stick

Zoe's POV

I've been feeling weird all day. My stomach is really upset and I've been vomiting a lot. Tray doesn't know though. Why? Because I feel like I'm pregnant! I mean it doesn't make any sense because well, we used condoms. And I'm on birth control. But when I looked it up, it said that the condoms break, and of course I knew that but jeez I'm on birth control. So now I'm driving to the pharmacy to get a pregnancy test.

If I'm pregnant, I really don't know what I'll do. Tray with definitely not know, no need to ruin his life even if it takes two to tango but still.

I park into an empty lot and feel another wave of nausea hit me. I hold my nose and tilt my head.

After I'm calm I step out and run into the pharmacy looking for the tests. When I found it, I waited impatiently in the line. I felt the peoples stare and heard their mumbling so I turned to raise my muddle finger at them. They shut up immediately.

"Next"

Finally. I step forward and place the pregnancy test on the table. The lady eyes me and scans the item.

"$23.35"

Jeez. For a little stick.

I hand her a fifty dollar bill and dash out. I sit in my car and look at the box in my hand.

Why are my eyes leaking?

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Sitting on the bathroom floor waiting for the results is so irritating. The others went out for pizza. Well, minus Amelia and Jaden I haven't seen them, but I'm not worried. Nope that's the least of my worries.

Finally my phone alarm goes off indicating that time is up. With shaky hands and puffy eyes I stand up and slowly take the test.

One line!

I'm not pregnant!

I'm not preg-

I'm pregnant.

One line?

Two lines.

I'm pregnant.

Okay. Okay. Okay. This is happening. I'm pregnant.

I feel more tears prick my eyes as I think about the consequences.

I can't ruin Tray's life. Nope.

Tomorrow morning. I'm out of here.

Back to mommy I guess.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Sitting in bed as tray talks animatedly about his hatred for vegetables (Tonight its lettuce), used to be relaxing and amusing.

Now I feel awful. I'm already missing him.

"Its so bitter, I mean how do people eat that sh*t raw. And can-. Hey. What's wrong?"

"Nothing? Why?" I say faking a smile.

"You seem different."

Just dying. That's all.

"Just tired that's all" I reply.

"Okay well let's get some sleep yeah?"  I nod and we position ourselves to where his hands are around me. He falls asleep fast. But I can't sleep.

I'm so sorry Tray.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

My eyes pop open. Its time. I jump out of bed and quickly start putting my clothes into a small bag. I'll be back for the rest later. Wait...where's Tr-

"What are you doing?" He asks and I jump. I turn to him and my eyes widen, but its not him catching me that makes them widen..its the thing in his hand.

That little stick.