Chapter 21- A month?

Zoe's POV

I'm starting to wonder if I should stay here.... Chris lives on his own basically and he has like gazillion extra bedrooms.

Only problem?

I'm now adopted.

Great right?

So here I am after finding out that I am a bet sitting on the floor of my bedroom wiping the tears. My life is just a downward spiral. Nothing ever goes right. I need to feel in control.

I wonder if any if my extra blades are still here. Everyone would be so disappointed but I don't give a damn.

I reached under my mattress for my extra blades but they weren't there. I huffed and gave up. Tray or dad probably found them. How great.

My phone was off because of the constant buzzing probably caused by the imbecile that I actually liked. I think back to the conversation we had before I left..

"A bet?"

"Yes" he said nodding slowly looking cautious. I stared at him in disbelief. "That's what it was at first but I feel something more towards you Zoe. Something I can't explain you know?" He says with a wide grin as if that was supposed to fix everything.

"Wow." I say standing up " your more of an idiot than I thought. Do you really think I'm gonna just...continue with you now?" His smile dropped.

"Yes?"

"Retard." I mutter  "everyone just screws me over and expects me to welcome them with open arms after wards. But I'm done. Finito. Don't call text or even try to talk to me at school." My voice cracks.

"Zoe. Wait. I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean for this to happen. I like you Zoe I do. And I'm sorry that you were just a bet at first but you're so much more now." I snort

"Sorry Jaden but I'm not one of your little bootycalls that will fall to your feet whenever you open your mouth and let out your false words" with that I turned on my heel and walked out. Ignoring the calls of my name.