Bones/McCoy

For stargirlhorse

When it came to your father, things tended to work out in your favor. For example, you just ran away from home and snuck on to the ship he was stationed on.

Instead of being mad, he gave you a hug, and said he'd talk to your mother about staying for a little bit.

You see, your name is Joanna McCoy. When you ran away, you could only think of the one person you wanted to see the most. So you somehow managed to get aboard the Enterprise.

You were able to spend a good three days with your dad before he had to get to work. So, he entrusted you in the care of his (arguably) best friend, Jim Kirk.

Of course, you weren't happy about it. You came to spend time with your dad, not your Uncle Jim. But no amount of complaining could get him out of having to work.

"Hey Joanna, so, what do you wanna do? We can do something fun if you want." Uncle Jim said, trying to get you to do more than glare at him from the couch.

You just looked at him. "I like Uncle Spock better." You replied, waiting for him to get flustered. Just as expected, he did.

"Whaaaat! You serious? But he's no fun." he turned his head and muttered "damn elf ruining my cred with kids..."

"I heard you say a bad word! Daddy's gonna be mad at you now!"

His face got really red, and you made yourself hold back the laughter. It was fun to mess with Uncle Jim.

He eventually gave up, and let you do whatever, which ended up with him covered in makeup, and his hair in a bunch of pigtails.

His heart had been broken from all your comments over how Spock and Uhura were better babysitters, and he just didn't know how you didn't like him.

When Bones' shift finally ended, he was happy to find you asleep, and Jim traumatized.

"Thanks for watching her, Jim." He said, internally laughing. Joanna did a very good job.

"Yeah, of course..." He replied. Leaving in a sort of trance. He really didn't have fun.

"Good job Joanna..." McCoy said, putting you in bed. Having you pretend to hate him was quite possibly the best prank ever. He knew he could count on you.

Okay, thanks for reading guys! Updates maybe a little slow for a bit, I've got a ton of homework...

~Clieo