Spock

This was requested by AllMixedFeelingsGirl, hope you like it.

Starfleet exams. Known throughout the galaxy as some of the hardest tests out there. It became common knowledge that unless you're Vulcan or Pavel Chekov, you're most likely not going to ace them the first time you take them.

But even Vulcans have trouble with them. Well... Even a Vulcan. You were having a problem with studying.

Being Spock's younger sister, everyone expected you to be just as talented in science. Of course, because that was what you were expected to do, you took science classes.

But your passion was medical. You wanted to be a doctor, not a science officer. You knew everything about medicine, and was just one test from being a certified doctor.

But you weren't taking that test, because you were taking the science course.

Finally, it got you. You decided to call your brother.

The screen lit up, and his face greeted you. "Hello (y/n). How is the academy?" He asked, his voice emotionless, you felt comfort in hearing his voice.

"I am having a predicament." You admitted. His eyebrows arched slightly.

"What is your problem?"

"I..." You paused. "I do not wish to be a science officer. I understand you and father want me to follow in your footsteps. But my desire is to be a doctor."

Spock's expression changed for a moment. You could tell he was soaking in what you'd said.

"When you told me you were attending Starfleet, I was... Proud. You decided to follow in my footsteps, and I was glad you would be living a life like mine. I assumed being a science officer was what you wanted." He paused. "But nevertheless, your life is yours to live. If you wish to become a doctor, I will still be proud."

You nodded, and looked at him again. "Thank you, brother." He nodded, and ended the transmission.

You sat back in your chair, thinking.

That morning, you went to a different test room.

~~~(Few Weeks Later)~~~

"Hey Spock! Have you met our new medical officer?" Kirk asked, sitting on a biobed. He'd been injured on an away mission (when doesn't he get hurt?), and Bones was too busy to treat his arm.

"No captain, I was not aware we received a new officer." He replied.

"Captain, you are cleared for service. Make sure to keep your wound clean, and come back immediately if it becomes infected." You said, moving the privacy curtain.

Spock turned to you, and you both stopped. "(Y/n). You are on he Enterprise?"

"Spock! I was about to tell you." You replied.

From his bed, Kirk glanced between the two of you, slightly confused. "Wait, you two know each other?"

"This is my sister." Spock answered.

Jim's eyes widened, but he nodded. "Oh cool. I didn't know you had a sister."

You nodded at him, and Spock nodded back. You had decided to become a doctor, and he was more than proud of you.

And now, you were on the same ship. You enjoyed working for Starfleet. But even more, you enjoyed spending time with your brother.

Now you could do both.

Hope you liked it! Sorry if it's bad...

~Clieo