The truth

No ones POV
Just like before when Mei first used her powers in from of everyone she passed out, her body ice cold with shallow breaths. Kurama quickly carried her back to the hotel with the others including keiko botan and yukina following behind.

Few hours later *
Mei's POV
I'm surrounded by darkness once again. The cold keeps dominating. I can't let it take control. I need to find warmth. I.....I'm....scared........
Mei
Huh? Who's there?
Mei please wake up
Kurama?
Kurama!!

Kurama's POV
I can't believe it happened again. Mei please be alright. I carried her all the way to the hotel just like the first time this happened to her. I'm so worried and so is everyone else. Why does this keep happening to her?

Once we arrived to the hotel I placed her on the bed and quickly started treating her minor wounds with the help of yukina. After treating her wounds everyone left except for me and hiei. I stayed beside Mei with hiei leaning by the wall near the door. I held her hand and it was as cold as ice which made me really worried. "Mei" I whispered "Mei please wake up" I continued to hold her hand hopefully it will give her a little warmth

"Ku....ra....ma" I heard a faint voice. It was Mei ."Mei !" I gripped her hand tighter. "Kurama!" She yelled and sat straight up with her eyes wide open as if she had just awoken from a nightmare. She gripped my hand as though she were afraid that I would disappear if she didn't."sister are you alright?" hiei asked worriedly as he quickly ran to Mei's side. She slowly turned around to look at hiei then to me. And I saw that she was crying. I didn't know what I was thinking but without another word I let go of her hand and I hugged her. That was the moment she completely broke down into crying.

I was in complete shock. I looked at hiei he too was in shock. To think that a seemingly tough girl like Mei could break down crying like this,what happened to her in the past that could make her break down like this? So many questions were swirling around my mind. And I tend to get answers when Mei calms down .

After awhile Mei finally calmed down. She looked up at me and I looked down at her. We were starting at each other until hiei spoke probably uncomfortable with both of us in our current position." Sister are you alright?" He asked. "I'm fine now. Sorry for worrying you both and everyone else." Mei replied as she let go of me and stared down at her lap. "It's alright Mei. As long as you're not hurt the team won't mind and neither do we" I said trying to comfort her. "I suppose you two would want some answers huh?" She asked . Hiei and I nodded. She slowly rolled up her sleeve showing us a mark of a hydra or two headed dragon that's slowly crawling up her arm until her shoulder. " that deal I made with koenma is that he would remove my curse once I retrieve the melancholy stone." Mei said making me and hiei even more confused. "The melancholy stone is a treasured item of koenma's father . Just like the forlon hope it grants wishes but wishes for pure darkness. It was stolen recently and koenma chose me to find it in exchange for lifting my curse" Mei explained "what curse?" Hiei asked. But before she could answer they heard the door open showing a half awake yusuke,kuwabara,botan,keiko,and yukina. "Sister you're awake!" Yukina yelled as she practically jumped on Mei giving her a bear hug. Mei quickly covered her arm before hugging yukina back. The rest of the gang soon came in. Hiei soon left and I slowly backed away so everyone else can check up on Mei.

No ones POV

"Why did she say your name" hiei softly asked quite irritated at the thought that his sister called out for someone else other than him." I don't know hiei. But that's not really important now. We can ask Mei more questions tomorrow right now I think everyone needs to rest and focus on tomorrow's match" kurama replied though he too couldn't stop thinking about why Mei called out his name. In fact even more questions piled up his mind and an aching feeling that something bad is going to happen but he put those thoughts aside. The two soon parted ways and went to bed not knowing that tomorrow is going to be a rough day especially for Mei .