Castle: Anything for my daughter

Chapter 1 -Meredith isn't in Alexis's life anymore and Kate is with will although this takes place when she's 23 and Rick is 27 and Kate just made detective-
"Kate!" Will called from the kitchen. Kate peered through the hallway and saw her boyfriend standing at her counter with a letter. He probable let himself In, "hey, honey, I gotta show you something." He greeted her with a kiss when she made her way to him. "What is it? And dinner is almost done, did you pick up-" "Kate," he stopped her by placing a hand on her shoulder, "don't worry I picked up the movies for our movie night." He sighed not wanting to tel her he had got the job in Boston. "Good." She reached up and kissed him. The oven beeped and she went to step away but he pulled her back. "Kate, I got the job." Her eyes met his and she dropped her phone that was in her hand. "You what?" "I got the job in Boston." She stepped away from him in shock, "but you said that you had a slim chance of getting the job." He sighed I know Kate, but you can come with me, we can start our life in Boston." She shook her head, "Will, no. I just got my job here. And I can't leave my dad," she was holding back her tears, "and I can't leave- I can't- I can't leave my- my mom." Her tears were sliding down her cheeks now and he placed his hands on her shoulders, "I love you Kate, but this job is hell if an offer, and if I don't take it, I'll never, I'll regret it for the rest of my life." She only nodded and let him hug her. She wasn't crying because of him, but because he thought she could just leave her mom. When she stopped crying he pulled away. "Katherine I would never ask you to leave your mother, I'm sorry, I have to take this job offer. "I understand." She truly did and she wasn't hurt she encouraged him to take it. "We can make it work, we can make it long distance, I can come home every weekend, and on holidays and-" she held her hand up, "will, no, long distance won't work. I'm not mad or upset, I want you to take this Job." He nodded and kissed her. "Thank you for understanding." He kissed her for the last time. It was long and passionate, "I love you Katherine, I always will, and I'm sorry." He squeezed her to his chest planting one last kiss to her temple, them he let go. Grabbing his keys and walking to the front door, holding back his own tears. The door softly shut behind him, and he was gone. Kate was left standing there, not crying, not upset, not mad. Relieved maybe. She didn't know, she would miss him yes, but she didn't love him like he loved her. (All mistakes are mine)