Chapter 4

Chapter 4
The next night Kate was caught of in getting ready she lost track of time. Before she knew it Rick was knocking on her door. She took one last glance in the merrier. She wore a sweater and casual jeans and her boots. It was late October and it was getting chilly out. Kate opened thee door and Rick stood there, flowers In hand. "Hey, Rick, these are beautiful." She commented accepting the flowers from him, "let me out these In a vase." He followed her into the kitchen. "I'm glad you like them." He smiled as he watched her get a vase and put the flowers in. "So where are we going?" She asked grabbing her coat. He helped her into it. "I'd thought I'd surprise you, but don't worry, nothing too classy." She chuckled and grabbed her purse, unplugging her phone from the charger. "And it's in walking distance." He added and she smiled shutting off the lights, leaving one on by the door. Kate locked up and they headed into the elevator. When they got out in the ground floor he he extended his arm out to her and she took his arm gladly. Rick nodded at the door man, "I can't believe it's already dark out." Kate commented stepping onto the sidewalk. "I know this whole time change thing makes me tired." They got to the restaurant and enjoyed each other. It was as if they just clicked meant to be. Before they knew it they were walking home, ricks arms slung over Kate's shoulders holding her close to him. "Did you enjoy the night detective?" He asked opening the door to their building for her. She nodded. "I had a great time." Ricks arm fell from her shoulder as she walked through the door and made her way to the elevator. "Good, I'm glad." The elevator dinged and soon they were in front of Kate's door. Rick held her purse as she dug for her keys, "thank you Rick, really, I had a great time." She smiled. "Any time, it's not everyday I get to meet am amazing women like you." She blushed and turned to open her door but he grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. Placing his hands in her hips he leaned in and kissed her. It was long, hot, and passionate. When they pulled apart he locked his eyes on her, his hands still on her hips. "Good night detective. I'll call you tomorrow." He pressed another kiss it her lips, light, but lingering. Rick turned and walked to his apartment. He left her standing there speechless. It was long after he went into his apartment that she finally went junto hers, still in shock at what he had done.