Chapter Five:Strange Scents

Chapter 5 (Abby’s POV)  

“Alright ladies I’d like you to introduce yourselves to one another so I can get down to the important aspects of today’s meeting” Wow coach is really scaring the freshman with that voice of his.

As we introduced ourselves me and Emma decided not to mention that we were already the captains.

“Alright freshmen, meet your offensive captain, Emma Banks. And also meet your defensive captain, Abby Redwood.” Oh, well looks like we didn’t have to mention it anyway. Damn coach.

“You will listen to them if I am not around, understand?”

“Yes sir” they all said in unison. Wow freshman really are afraid of us.

After coach was done ‘talking’ to us about today’s practice, he dismissed us and me, Em, and Jase went to foreign languages for fifth period.

“Hey Jase what does ‘come es stas’ mean?” Man, I suck at Spanish.

“It means ‘I’m sexy and I know it’” God, he’s so stupid.

“No, Jase, it does not!” I just want to go home, bleh.

“Sorry, just trying to be a little helpful” He flashed me an award winning smile and I couldn’t resist, he’s just too cute! Wait, did I just say that? Noooo?

Fine I did, I think that I think Jase is cute.

“Time for practice!” God, Emma is being so loud! I’m seriously surprised Japan or somewhere hasn’t heard her yet.

“OKAY EMMA! I seriously think the whole school has heard by now!” Damn! I’m going to lose it if she doesn’t quit yelling!

“Sorry, I’m just so excited Abbs! I really missed beating up on the freshman kids with my killer shots!” Okay, so I have to admit, it was pretty hilarious last year whenever she would kick the ball really hard at the freshman…ha-ha, wow, we’re evil.

“Yeah, I know, I missed watching you do that! And I’m sure Jase did too!” Yeah, Jase always comes to our practices. I mean it’s not really his fault. All the hot girls probably get to his overactive hormones, just like they do to all other teenage (male) wolves. Sigh.

“Come on Abby! Time to whoop some freshman ass!” Wow, I’m totally in on this one!

“Okay, I’m coming!” Yes, practice time! But as I headed out of the locker room towards our field I realized one thing. The football team practices right next to us.

And that means I will probably have to confront Derek.

Oh shit.

“Hey Em, bad timing I guess, but Derek talked to me this morning before lunch and it did NOT go well. So hide me!” Shit, shit, shit!