Chapter 3 - Happy

Chapter 3 – Happy

Tuesday started out to be quite a long and boring day of lectures and tutorials. I had the first lecture with Joel, acting like the typical giggly school girl type around him again. I couldn't help it. Once it was over, we said our goodbyes and I headed to my tutorial, where I'd briefly made friends with a few girls I'd sat next to. After that I headed to the cafeteria to grab some lunch before heading to the lab practical in the afternoon, thankfully the last class of the day. I grabbed a chicken salad from the fridge, paid for it, and took a seat next to the window.

I pulled my iPod out to listen to a bit of music while eating and killing some time. I felt a slight anxious vibe at the anticipation of Joel walking in and joining me. I felt like there was potential there for developing my first college crush.

As expected, someone had dumped a bag on the table in front of me, and pulled out the chair beside me. It wasn't who I'd anticipated though, although my anxious vibes were telling me that it was still an incredibly handsome guy that I'd met only yesterday...

"Hey Miranda." Will said as he sat down comfortably in the chair, one elbow propped up on it. I pulled my earphones out, not being able to help the smile that was threatening my lips as I replied.

"Will, hey, how are you? W-what happened yesterday?" I stuttered out, like a complete fool. Yet again. He looked at me with a devilish smirk on his face, his model-like features making me melt inside.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I don't have the best attention span. Couldn't handle the rambling. I ended up in the library to study the rest of the lecture notes anyway. Did I miss much?" He asked, still with that gorgeous smirk plastered across his exceptionally good looking face. His spoilt royal-like attitude should have turned me off, but it did the complete opposite.

"Not much at all, pretty much didn't stray from the notes one bit." I replied shyly.

He just smiled, and grabbed my iPod from the table, "So, what are you listening to?" He questioned, making me feel self-conscious at the thought that my taste in music might make me look like a total loser. I was sure I had some Justin Bieber in there somewhere...

"Um, Skirllex at the moment, kind of pumps me up. I figured it would help prepare me for the mundane lab prac next period." I stated with apprehension, anticipating his reaction.

"Nice." He replied with a slight smirk.

I couldn't quite figure out if my answer impressed him or not. And I hated that it had bothered me so much. Why couldn't I act like a normal person? The fact that he was practically a super model was ruining my usual care free and easy going demeanour.

"So which lab prac have you got? I've got Organic Chem in lab room 303." Excitement instantly sparked up inside of me at his words.

"Yeah me too." I smiled in reply, as I looked into those fantastic bright sapphire eyes, somehow getting lost in them when I realised I was staring again. Idiot.

"So, where's your lunch?" I asked, trying to distract myself from my daze, cringing at my blatantly obvious question.

He froze for a split second, avoiding eye contact as he answered, "Um, I already ate." He then proceeded to continue on skimming through my iPod, deterring from the question being taken any further. It was a little odd, but then again, it's not like I had given him the most exhilarating conversation starters.

Will then placed the iPod back down on the table and looked back up at me, casually resting his elbows on the table in front of us.

"We have a similar taste in music." He pointed out, making me smirk like a desperate high school girl. I was relieved that he mustn't have found my Justin Bieber playlist, either that or he was also a fan. I'd be pleased with either fact.