Chapter 40 - Refreshed

Jacob, Beth and Nan all just sat there, gawking at me, like I was some sort of monster. None of them knew exactly what to say. This fact alone had almost brought me to tears, and I was fighting so hard to contain my frustration. I turned to glare at Nan, knowing that she wouldn’t fail me should I demand an answer to something.

“Nan?! You can’t hide this from me any longer.” I pleaded, cringing slightly at my abruptness. She looked down at the table for a second to think before looking back up at me, and pushing her chair back to stand.

“Darling, Will’s not here because, well, we don’t actually know.” She said, causing my stomach to drop. I suddenly sensed that perhaps he was in danger, and it made me feel sick to my very core. I loved him, and I couldn’t even fathom the fact that he may not be coming back.

“What do you mean? He was here, what, like four days ago after I’d first woken up! I heard him!” I shouted, still in disbelief that he had disappeared.

“Sweetie please calm down, let me explain.” She told me sympathetically, causing me to feel a slight bit guilty. “At first we thought he’d gone hunting, but Beth found this note on his bed after a few days of not seeing him.” She said, pulling a folded up piece of paper out of her pocket and handing it to me. I frantically opened it up, not hesitating in the slightest.

‘I’ve gone away. Please don’t come looking for me. Will.’ It read. But I immediately became suspicious.

“No. No. That’s not his writing, he didn’t write this Nan.” My initial reaction was simply to deny this fact, reject it, throw it in the trash, not believe a word I had read. But I knew straight off that it was a fact, that Will had not written this note. “I know his hand writing almost as well as my own. I shared many classes with him, I know this isn’t his.” I said whilst my hands were shaking like crazy, barely being able to hold the note still.

Beth and Jacob exchanged looks of concern to one another, as my Nan joined them. “Who do you think wrote it then Miranda? No one else could have possibly been in this house, we would have known about it otherwise.” Jacob questioned me, somewhat half wanting to believe me yet the other half probably thinking that I was a complete lunatic.

“I don’t know, I’m sorry Jacob, but my vibes are telling me that it’s not his.” I told him, quite sure of it, and hoping from deep down within that what I felt inside of me was correct. It was frustrating the crap out of me that they weren’t taking me seriously, to the point that I couldn’t handle to be in the same room as them any longer. I turned around and stormed out the room, heading straight for my room. I needed to get out of here; I needed to look for Will.

As soon as I barged into my room, I threw my overnight bag on the bed, and began gathering my things and throwing them onto the bed ready to pack. I heard the door creak open but just ignored it and continued on gathering my belongings. “Miranda, dear, please don’t do anything irrational.” Nan gently said from behind me, instantly causing tears to well up in my eyes. I was god damned sick of being so emotional and sad all of the time. I was sure that it must have been close to my time of the month; hormones running high.

I stopped what I was doing and took in a deep breath, turning around to face Nan and slumping down onto the bed. She made her way over to me and sat next to me, taking my hands in hers comfortingly. “Miranda, I believe you. If you feel that it’s not his writing, then it’s not his writing. Now, there’s a few things we need to clear up before you even think of going anywhere.” She told me gently, helping me to feel the slightest bit better.