Smokey Mountains

Dani's PoV

Urgh we had been walking for ages. Stefan was carrying Ray, while Klaus decided to have some fun.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asks smirking.

Stefan scoffs, "I'm fine."

Klaus laughs, "You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

"I wouldn't mind that," I chip in, extremely tired.

Stefan sighs, "You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend," Klaus states.

"Maybe it's 'cause he's a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer," I point out.

Klaus ignores me, "Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There."

We all stop and Stefan dumps Ray onto the ground.

A woman rushes over to him, "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?"

Klaus smirks, "the important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

Woman stares horrified, "You're the hybrid."

Klaus smiles, "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

  »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««  

A little while later me, Stefan and Klaus are all sitting down.

Klaus smiles as he explains everything, "It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid."

At that moment Ray wakes up.

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic," Klaus says.

"What's happening to me?" Ray asks.

Klaus looks at Stefan.

Stefan gets up, "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

Klaus chips in, "Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?"

It goes silent until Klaus looks at a man, "You!"

He rushes over to him and bites his forearm. Stefan grabs him and throws him on the ground in front of Ray.

The woman protests but Klaus strangles her.

I stare at the scene in front of me.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop," Stefan informs me.

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die," Klaus informs the woman.

Woman spits, "I'd rather die than be a vampire."