The Story Of The Original Family

Dani's PoV

Elena dragged me out of bed this morning telling me, to get dressed and go with her to meet up with Alaric and Damon.

Sighing I got up and follow her downstairs. She then drives us to the Lockwood cellar.

We are greeted by Alaric who takes us down some tunnels, where Damon spooks Elena. obviously I laugh which causes Elena to glare at me.

Damon then gestures for me and Elena to follow Alaric, into a chamber of sorts. we walk in a see loads of drawings on the walls.

"What is all this?" Elena asks.

Alaric turns to us, "Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story, " he then  points to a part of the wall, "That right there, is the moon cycle, " points to something else, "A man, a wolf."

"A werewolf," I state.

Alaric nods.

"Yeah, it's the Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style, " Damon chips in.

Elena shakes her head, "I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s."

Alaric shrugs, "I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that."

"How long?" I ask.

"Long. It gets better. Show them, Ric," Damon states.

"Names. They're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script," Alaric says, pointing to a corner.

"Vikings?" Elena asks.

Alaric nods, "This name here, I translated it and it reads Niklaus."

"Klaus, " I state.

Alaric then points to two other names, "And Elijah...and Rebekah."

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

"These are the names of the Original Family?" Elena questions.

Alaric nods, "Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire New World, for that matter."

Elena. "Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus's fakes."

Damon speaks up, "That's what I said."

Alaric, "That could be true, except the last name up here made us think otherwise."

"What's the name?" I ask.

"Mikael."

"Mikael...Mikael, as in, the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?" Elena asks.

Damon, "Yep. I now like to call him "Papa Original"."

I then help Alaric take picture of all the drawings before we return back to his apartment.